11

And just like that it was training camp week. Due to having to wake up quite early to catch the bus I was exhausted by the time we got there. I slept on the bus ride but waking up to have to carry a bunch of bags to dorms isn't fun, for anyone. However, of course, Hinata was an energetic ball of sunshine. A little too much sunshine for my current mood but he has fun I guess.

"Hinata please calm down." I yawned.

He sprinted back to face me, "but it's my first training camp! How could I calm down!!"

"I've met some passionate people but never like this." I mumbled.

"I can't believe I'm stuck with you lot for a whole week." Tsukishima complained.

Nishinoya and Tanaka gasped, practically offended. "But we have TWO PRETTY managers WITH US! What could be better than THAT!?"

"Kiyoko's home is nearby so she won't be staying with us." Suga who was standing behind them broke the bad news to the two boys whose mood dropped in an instant. However Kiyoko stepped out of the kitchen with an apron on and their mods were instantly switched back.

"Pathetic." I muttered.

"ITADAKIMASU!"

Hinata and Kageyama scarfed down the food in front of them like it was their last meal. It also seemed like they were racing each other like they usually do with everything else. By this point I didn't even want to ask.

"Wait-" Nishinoys popped his head up, "Where is Naka-san staying?"

"Well there were only three rooms but due to a room opening up there are now 4. So Naka gets her own room." Suga explained to him.

"What? That's not fair!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"Oh really?" I laughed, "Please do tell how that isn't fair."

"Well why do you get the room and not...like...Daichi or...something." He protested.

Daichi opened his mouth to respond but I stopped him. "Well Tanaka, if I were to have to stay in a room it would have to be with the first years, seeing as how I'm also a first year." I teased him.

Him and Nishinoya just looked at each other, made some facial expressions as if they were communicating and looked back at me. "Yeah I agree." "Naka gets her own room." "Yep" they nodded and bounced off eachother.

"That works too..." Daichi sighed.

I walked out of the bathroom and heard a scream which sounded like Hinata. I ran down the hall to see what had happened but there was nothing to see.

Nothing to see other than Nishinoya's hair being down and Hinata and Tanaka laughing hysterically. They heard me coming down the hall and all jumped.

"Boo?" I sarcastically said referring to them getting startled. "What the hell is going on?"

"Naka-san your hair~!" Nishinoya swooned.

"I could say the same about yours. It's cute when its down." I smiled, causing him to clench his heart.

"Oh, hello Kageyama." I greet a tall figure who was also most likely trying to see what was happening. The lighting was dark and it caused Hinata, Tanaka, and Nishinoya to jump. "Wow you guys are jumpy...uh I'm going to go before we all get yelled at."

Everyone was asleep except for me. I tend to be more of a night owl so I decided to walk around the halls a bit. As long as I was quiet and I could still wake up on time tomorrow there shouldn't be a problem.

I walked up and down the halls taking in the silence of the night. Usually I would have been listening to music but I wanted to be sure I heard if someone was coming. Sure enough I wasn't paying close attention anyway when a person stepped from behind me.

I turned around and almost yelled till I cupped my hand over my mouth, the person's hand covering my hand to tell me to shut up. I look up and see Kageyama.

"What are you doing up?" He asked me in a hushed whisper. I just tell him to wait with my free hand and gesture for him to follow me. He removes his hand and I lead him to the end to the end of a hallway farthest from everyone.

"Ok now will you tell me what you're doing walking around at this hour?"

"I could ask you the same thing you scared the shit out of me." I sighed.

"You first."

"I'm usually up at this hour doing something but I decided to walk around instead. I was alone and being quiet so why not." I explained, "Now would you like to tell me why you're up and decided to walk up behind me?"

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and move," he shrugged. "Plus no matter how I came up to you, you'd be startled."

"That doesn't mean come up behind me. Plus don't you have practice tomorrow? Shouldn't you be resting?"

"And don't you have a team to manage tomorrow?"

"Touché."

We walk around for a while in silence but a comforting silence. We point out signs and just make facial expressions instead of talking, even if we do talk we mouth the words so no one hears us. We circle back to the hallway since there was a window and sit down in front of it.

"So what do you usually do?" I ask. He tilted his head. "I mean what do you do when you can't sleep."

"Oh— I just stare out my window and watch the clouds or the stars. I guess...I just watch whatever is in the sky."

"Wow...that's boring." I laugh. He frowns at me. "No offense of course." I tease.

"Boring? Says the one obsessed with writing. It's like you eat sleep and breathe led and parchment paper." He gestures with his hands to emphasize his point.

"Oh really? You're obsessed with volleyball. I mean you got your nickname from it after all, king." He shifts himself and I quickly realize I hit a nerve. "Shit- I'm sorry I didn't actually mean that."

"I know, I just think I'm going back to bed now." He gets up and starts walking towards the first year room.

"I'm really sorry!" I whisper yell, he just waves from around the corner. I stare out the window and watch the clouds pass by.

I guess watching the sky isn't that boring...Damnit Suzuki this is why we keep our thoughts to ourselves. Quit taking things so far.

It was morning and we were greeted with pancakes that Kiyoko made. I helped a little bit but I woke up later so all I really did was help cut fruit, plate, and hand the food out. Within seconds everyone was practically inhaling the pancakes. They eat like they've never seen food a day in their lives.

I peer over to Kageyama, I still feel bad for what I said last night. It was only a joke and I know he knows that but I never usually make the "king" jokes. I know what everyone assumed of him. I mean the Kitagawa sports section was never the nicest to him. Plus it was clear he was affected by their words and I just don't want to be included in that.

Practice started basically right after breakfast. It was like their usual practice, just maybe a bit more "intense" if you want to put it that way.

"Kageyama-"
"I know you didn't mean it." He stopped me before I could get my sentence out. "You're not the type of person to be like that, I get it."

I just sigh outwardly "Ok that's good...hey at least you're learning to understand my jokes now." I joke to lighten the mood a bit.

"Hey! I can take a joke!" He protested.

"No you can't." Ennoshita walks by and pitches in.