38

"Congrats to you and your team." The bleach blond haired guy said to me.

"Thanks, you too." I nodded.

"I'm Terushima." He smiled extending his hand.

"Nakamura." I responded. I took his hand to shake it but he moved it in a way where I thought he might kiss it. He didn't only because I shook it and removed my hand fast enough.

"So you're the other manager?" He asked, keeping up with conversation.

"So it seems." I hummed. "Are you the captain or..?"

"Yeah. I'm only a second year but since the team is relatively new I took captain." He boasted.

"Ah, I can tell." I flatlined.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"Your team is clearly unorganized. Makes sense it's new." I replied.

"Well, I realize this. But that's why the next time you face us, you'll be looking at a different team." He smirked. "I just hope I see you whenever that happens."

"Uh-huh." I nodded. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. I looked up and saw Kageyama and I could feel my body heat rise but I ignored it.

"Oh- you're that setter." Terushima realized as he looked up at him.

"Yeah." Kageyama stated. 

"You played well. I just came to say congratulations." Terushima finally let go of the conversation and walked away.

"Come on, the bus should be ready to go by now." Kageyama pulled me with him.

Whatever you say

Our game against WakuNan was about to begin so Yachi and I ran up to our usual spot. We got there first.

"Shimada? You're here by yourself?" Yachi asked.

"Shimada!" I waved, turning my head.

"Hey you two. Yeah, Takinoue had to work late but he said he'd try to make it later." He explained.

"Man, I am freaking out here! Stuff like this really gets my panties in a twist." I heard someone coming up to the stands.

Is that...?

"So I guess you've been taking care of my little Ryu for me. I'm Saeko, his older sister." She greeted us then noticed her brother on the court. "Ryu! Tanaka! Yoo-hoo!"

Noya notices her first and gets all excited. Tanaka on the other hand, turned away, embarrassed.

"Ok. Now which ones which? Who's who?" She asked me and Yachi, while also looking up at Shimada for him to introduce himself.

"I'm Yachi Hitoka!" Yachi tried answering confidently but was clearly a bit intimidated by Saeko.

"I'm Naka." I nodded.

"Oh! Writer chick and the small girl." Saeko realized, nodding to herself.

Yachi and I looked at eachother. I just shrugged and she was wide eyed.

Before Shimada could intervene the match started. We turned our attention to the court. "Start off with a quick attack and give them a good state!" He said.

I always forget they like to come and watch every game. It's like they study it better than me.

Hinata and WakuNan's number ones have been in their own world, eyeing each other, having their personal 1 on 1. It was like as soon as the match started they were rivals.