7

The second set finally begins. I can tell everyone got their heads together, although by everyone I mainly mean Hinata, because they were finally playing like I knew they could.

I must admit even I got more into it. Seeing the reactions from other people when we pull out that weird quick set will never get old. It felt rewarding and I'm not even the one doing it—I'm not even on the damn team.

"I see you're starting to understand that spark." Kiyoko smiles.

"I'm sure you could phrase it like that." I laugh. If this was the spark, It's definitely weird. I've watched sports and have rooted for teams before, that part wasn't new, but this was like having some sort of connection to what was happening in front of me. I hated it, but I loved it.

Just like that the second set was over with Kurasuno winning meaning a third set was going to take place.

I got up and began helping Kiyoko hand out water bottles and towels. Once I turned back I started writing while my mind was fresh of ideas.

It's almost like gambling if the casinos were based on effort, dedication, passion, and less luck. Like spinning a slot but the harder you spin the best results you get.

"That's such a weird metaphor." Kageyama said, looking over my shoulder getting ready to start the 3rd set.

"It's a weird feeling, no other way to put it into words than using a weird metaphor. Plus it helps the brain make sense of the situation and visualize what can't be recreated but compared." I state. He kind of just stared at me then nodded his head ok. He may not have understood anything I said but I guess he could tell it made sense to me.

Our conversation fell short when screaming girls were heard from the Seijoh stands.
"Oikawa-san is here!"

I turned my head to the doors to be faced with an old friend. Last I heard he had an injury so I didn't think he would show up, but I guess I was mistaken.

I could feel the setter standing beside me grimace at the attention stealing boy walking out. I knew that they had a strained relationship but I didn't think it was to the point of deep hatred.

"Woah, calm down boy," I said in an almost mockery tone. I could see he found no amusement in my comment so I instinctively shrugged in defense. The Seijoh player made his way over to the coach and began getting ready to get into the game.

"And there he goes-" I hum under my breath.

Oikawa began to walk out when he caught my eye on the bench.

"Naka-san~" He called out sing song-y.

"Tooru." I barely got out as my fingers messaged the bridge of my nose.

"Iwa-San look! You didn't tell me she was coming." Tooru said to his counterpart who I was also familiar with.

"I didn't know till the game started." Iwa responded blankly but still waved to me.

Kageyama was about to ask me something when Tanaka jumped out of nowhere.

"Aht Aht. Hands off pretty boy." He attempted to look intimidating but only looked crazy. I guess that works as well.

"I can't greet an old friend? Suzuki tell them to stop being mean to me." He gestured for me to handle the situation on my own.

"I've known him since I was a kid. He's like that weird neighbor your mom tells you to play with one day then you end up being stuck with them for longer than you wanted to." I push Tanaka from out in front of me.

"Hey!" Tooru yelled in defense.

"Would you all play your damn hot potato game already?" I sit on the bench. I hear Kageyama and Tooru talk to themselves about my continuous weird metaphors while walking in opposite directions.