33

I woke up the next morning and stared at my ceiling.

Well. This is it.

I slowly rolled out of bed and looked at my closet. I felt like I had nothing to wear. I flipped through my pants and all the shirts I had. I think I checked what the weather was going to be like 5 different times "just to be sure."

Why am I so indecisive? Why am I worried about this? I shouldn't be worried.

I grabbed a pair of jeans and went back and forth between two different shirts before finally deciding on one that went with my favorite shoes I planned on wearing. I brushed my teeth, did my hair, went downstairs, and made myself some breakfast.

"Yo Suzu!" I heard Yuki call my name. "I know you're going out today or whatever but I need your help to carry some stuff for the municipal team."

While I've been out with my team Yuki has been missing what he likes to call his "glory days" of volleyball since he doesn't play seriously in college and has been hanging with the municipal team. He dragged Ru and one of his other friends from his graduating class to join him.

"Can't you just ask Ru? He's like down the street." I question him.

"Ru is busy. Just—can you help me, that's all I'm asking?" He goes back to getting his stuff ready.

"You know what, I'll just tell my friend to meet me at the gym. We're going to walk around town anyways." I accept my defeat and finish my breakfast.

He had me carry at least two boxes of random equipment and he took two other boxes to his car. When he opened it there was already a box inside.

"The hell you need all this for?" I asked, dropping the boxes next to the other one.

"We're renovating the gyms because some parts of it look like it hasn't been touched in years. Just some small touch ups to the ones that are used frequently and salvaging whatever we can with the ones that haven't." He explained.

"Well look at you getting some community service done. And to think I thought you guys never did anything." I smiled.

He mimicked my smiled before rolling his eyes. We got in the car and drove off.

"You told your friend you'd be there?" He asked.

"Yeah he said he'd be there in a few." I checked my phone to make sure I read his message right.

There was a second of silence where I could see him thinking before breaking it. "This isn't a date or anything is it?"

"No. It's not a date." I clarified.

"Just checking, I'm just checking...although if he tries to pull anything, tell him I'd plummet him with a volleyball till he can not run." I could see my brother physically gripping the steering wheel a bit tighter.

"Ok. Calm down there. You are driving. I'll tell you I'm pretty sure he's already scared of you, but if he were to hear the fact that you are already threatening him, he'd shit himself." I deadpanned. "You're acting like a psycho."

"Good." He hummed with a smile proud of himself that he was able to scare someone he's barely met yet. "Anyways we're here."

We get out of the car and grab the boxes. "They're here!" I heard someone yell to alert the others.

"Here let me help." Takenou grabbed a couple of the boxes to help. He's usually at every Kurasuno game cheering the guys on and talking about the matches. His dark haired friend Shimada is also usually with him.