31

Newspaper club had a short meeting to catch us up on work and give updates. There wasn't too much to do since we were all pretty much knees deep in the work we needed to get done. I got to the gym right as practice was about to start.

"Nakamura, you're here early." Tsukishima said walking in with me.

"Considering you're a player, aren't you late?" I asked.

"If it's just starting, it's not like I missed much." He sighed. "Plus my things are already inside, I had to go get some water."

"Whatever." I trailed off.

"Naka, hello!" Suga waves as I step inside.

"Hey Suga, hello everyone." I smiled. I took my usual seat to the side where Kiyoko and Yachi usually worked.

"Yachi, I have some new notes that I want you to look over." I said opening up my notebook.

"You want me to look over?" The short blond asked surprised.

"Yeah, you keep such a focus on the game I want to make sure I got this right." I pointed to a page where I wrote down a play that had happened earlier.

"It was kind of hard to see but Daichi received the ball, not Asahi." She corrected.

"Thank you. I knew you were the right person to ask." I said as I corrected my mistake. I could see Kiyoko give us a small smile.

A little less than an hour had passed and I realized the time.

"Oh I gotta go-" I jumped to put all my stuff back into my bag.

"Leaving so soon?" Tanaka complained.

"Yeah I have a soccer game to catch." I said throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"Soccer??" Nishinoya popped his head up. "The hell you doing at that soccer game?"

"I had a friend on the team I promised I'd be there, and I'll take any chance for more pages to be filled." I held up a notebook in my hand.

"Huh. Did you guys know she knew the soccer team?" Tsukishima asked.

"I had no idea." Daichi shook his head. They looked over at Kiyoko and Yachi.

"She's always running around." Yachi said.
"I don't ask questions." Kiyoko added.

I'm sure those two know, I swear I've told them...

"Guys you know I love you, I'm here everyday after school, but I gotta go." I laughed.

"Have fun!" Yamaguchi waved.

"Later Yams!" I waved back and left the gym.

I started heading over to the soccer field and heard someone in front of me. I looked up and saw Kono waiting by a wall.

"Ko!" I called out.

"Hey Suzu, glad you were finally able to make it." He smiled walking up to me.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the field?" I asked as we started walking.

"No, not yet at least. Besides, they can wait for me. I'm their star player." He boasted.

"Hey I know you've grown a big head since becoming an occasional starter but you should still be punctual." I scolded.

"Says the one running everywhere."

"I'm still on time." I threw my hands up in defense.

"Besides, our star player is still J, our captain. Although I'd say I'm getting there. One day at least." He thought out loud to himself.