43

I felt my knees weaken like I was going to faint on the spot but that wasn't until I had to catch Yachi from doing so as well.

The circulation came back to my hands from holding onto the bar for so long. I looked down at the team who was celebrating down below and felt my eyes water.

I refuse to cry over a game. I refuse to cry over a game win or lose.

I'm not one to cry in public but when I turned to my brother I felt myself slip a bit. I just burrowed my face into his chest as he went in to hug me.

"I feel lightheaded, I don't know what to do." I ran my fingers through my hair and held my head while laughing slightly, fighting back the tears. "I mentally prepared for the game not the outcome of the game."

"Go celebrate with your team that's what you need to be doing!" Takinoue lightly punched me to remind me, just as ecstatic as everyone else.

"SUZU!!" Ena and Ko ran from the stands to hug me.

"You we're crying??" Ena asked me.

"No!" I quickly tried to shut down.

"You told me you'd be at our next game, please don't cry at our next game, I will cry." Ko pleaded.

"I'm definitely not crying—I won't, I won't I- I gotta get to the team." I started thinking to myself. "Oh! Tooru and Iwa are walking around to our side and said we'd walk down together. I have to go down so I guess I'll just run by?" I rambled my options, still so disoriented.

"Whatever you say, we'll follow your lead." Ena nodded.

"Yachi! Give me 4 minutes!" I told her. That was about the duration of the ceremony anyways. 

We dashed out the door and through the halls until we saw familiar faces.

"Congratulations Kurasuno." Oikawa laughed when he saw us.

"I sure as hell am glad you beat them." Iwazumi shook his head.

"I don't even- I just- I." I stuttered.

"For someone who's the team writer, you're at a loss for words. You wouldn't want to face your team like that." Tooru kept up his usual joking manner.

"I don't know what prompted you to come, but I'm glad you two made it." I smiled.

"Wouldn't have missed it." Iwa admitted.

"I didn't want to say it but I've missed you two." Ena said after she hugged Iwa.

"This is a surprising reunion." Tooru chuckled.

"Suzuki, you can go. Have your moment." Iwa shoo'd me off.

I just smiled and nodded before running away. I felt a small lump in my throat like I was going to start crying again. Maybe I was a little bit. I just was so scared of it all going south that—I don't want to admit I doubted them but at one point I did loose a bit of hope.

I caught up with Yachi and the others as we all ran down to catch up to the team.

Yachi quickly ran up and started jumping up and down but for me, facing the team only made me more confused than ever. A minute ago I was fighting back crying and now looking at them I just started laughing to myself.

"Is this a good this a good thing or a bad thing?" I heard Hinata whisper, a little bit confused. 

"It's a great thing!" I shook his shoulders. "You just beat Shiratorizawa for fucks sake!—excuse my language." I caught myself.