[ 4.05 ] - High School: Nostalgic

High School: Nostalgic

[ 4.05 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 16

"Ryenne!"

A short figure entered my field of vision—arms wide as she pulls me into a tight bear hug. She looked just as I remembered with her long, straight brown hair and bright peridot eyes to contrast. She was slightly baby-faced, appearing somewhat innocent yet mischievous at the same time.

"It's no fair! You're so much taller now!" She sent me a playful glare as she pouted childishly. I couldn't help poking a finger at her forehead and lightly pushing it back, a small smile resting on my lips as I listened to her familiar antics.

It felt nostalgic.

"You're still as childish as ever, Fleur." I tell her, however she sulkily stared at me with her big eyes.

"Every time we see each other, you always tell me that."

"Ah? Do I?" A knowing smile formed on my lips while I tapped my chin thoughtfully. "I suppose it must be the truth then."

"You're such a meanie!" Lightly smacking me on the arm, she vented her anger out on me while I laughed at her.

"Alright. Alright. Let me show you to your room before you throw another fit." I finally stopped teasing her as I gestured for her to follow me up the second floor of the Atstelli estate.

As we walked, I gave her a brief tour of the house.

"On the left side of the second floor is where Ryec's room is located along with some recreational rooms and a few designated guest rooms. My room is located on the right side where yours will also be located. We also happen to have the library on this side, so if you'd like to read something, feel free to look around."

After a while, we finally came to a halt at the sixth door on the right. "This is going to be your room for the next week or so until you can move into your dorm. Hopefully it suits your taste."

I watched as she opened the door, a shocked expression on full display as she stepped into the room.

"Th-This is where I'll be staying!? It's so regal!" Fleur exclaimed. In the next moment, she could be found lunging her body onto the bed like a starfish while she let out hums of excitement.

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to start school at the academy!"

29 March x033

Author's note:
It's crazy how quickly your mind can change.
Recently I've been kind of in a daze, wondering about whether my choices were right when it came to choosing my college and what I wanted to do.
It's really demoralizing to enter college knowing you're going to have to take out thousands of loans to attend when you are so unsure about what you want to pursue. And also when you start questioning "Do I really want to be here?"
I've been thinking that I want to go somewhere else—as in my second choice in college. Both are equally expensive, however when I think about it, I think I would like the other one more, but at this point it's too late now to change my decision.
Hopefully, after I experience everything and have a better idea about what I want to do, if I still think that I belong somewhere else, I can request to transfer.
Anyways, sorry for the sudden rant, I've just had a lot on my mind recently and I find comfort using the end of my chapters as life updates/short diaries.
I'm quite the fickle person.
I apologize.

Question:
No question this time!

Discord:
https://discord.gg/Qz5XJP2mPc
(link also in bio)

9.8.2021