[ 2.10 ] - Primary: How awkward...

Primary: How awkward...

[ 2.10 ]

R Y E N N E  A T S T E L L I

Year 7

I couldn't understand why I was feeling so nervous as I stood before the grand building that my father brought me to. Usually I can remain calm in any situation I have been placed in, but why..? I guess the only possible conclusion I can come to is intimidation.

The place that my father has brought me to is a center where the top notch Olympic athletes are trained at along with upcoming trainees as well. I find it somewhat silly that I, a child, is here to learn jiu jitsu not for any reason other than cooking and self defense.

Looking up at my father with an ashen face, I slightly frowned, but he just smiled and gave me a reassuring nod—though I don't feel the slightest bit assured at all.

When he had first brought up the idea to me, I was very open to doing the activity. But as time went on, I found myself become more hesitant. I never found myself to be the athletic type so this sudden change, how much could I take? This was the very first time I have ever felt this way—nervous.

"Daddy. Of all places, why did you have to choose such a big place for me to learn? I would be fine with a private teacher at home. Especially since I am only strengthening myself for cooking." I finally voiced my thoughts after a while, but he very quickly brushed it off.

"It'll be no fun for you to train alone and the best masters are gathered here and only here. Plus! A good friend of mine has a son your age and he's also learning jiu jitsu so maybe you two can train together as a means of encouragement!" Lightly patting my head, my father then nudges me towards the entrance against my will. I sighed.

There is absolutely no way in changing his mind. I give up!

And so...I followed my father straight into the large sports center to which we are immediately greeted by a familiar man.

"Reece!" My father waves at the man with a bright smile.

With a warm smile, the handsome man exclaimed with delight, "Theo!" He then turns his attention to me and crouches down to be eye level with me. "And you must be Little Rynnie! We've met before, haven't we?"

Trying my best to muster a decent smile, I nodded as my only response, not wanting to say anything else.

I am not surprised that we are greeted by Xael's father since the Alpheus family is the center of the Sports Industry. Not to mention, his father is best friends with my father. I guess all I can say is...some sort of thing like this was going to come sooner or later. There just isn't any way to avoid it...how disappointing.

I didn't sigh aloud and only waited for the two adults to finish conversing as I followed behind the two to the private room and take in my surroundings.

Most of what I saw were athletes with their trainers, managers or assistants who were either arriving to practice, or taking a break at the food bar to rejuvenate their health. With the high ceilings, it made the chattering echo even louder than it was, but this aspect made it feel livelier—like it would be wrong if it was not like this at all.

Busying myself with my own thoughts, we arrived at the designated room relatively quick.

"We're here." My father announces, drawing my attention to the door that led to my teacher. I then watch as Xael's father opens the door almost silently and we follow after to find a spectacle before us.

I was surprised to find a young boy around my age being able to toss a man twice his size over his shoulder with not much of a struggle and very quickly grappling around the older man's torso and neck. It wasn't long before the man gave up and the young boy detached himself from him.

Standing up, the boy patted himself of invisible dust and fixed up his uniform before turning towards his opponent and bowing in a forty-five degree angle.

"Thank you for the match, Master!" The young boy exclaims loudly, shocking me from the sudden break of silence. Moreover, the fact that it was Xael who had spoken as such. Xael is so quiet that I think that even I speak more than him in the class, which is saying a lot because I hate speaking in social gatherings.

"It's seems you've gotten better than before, Xael, but there is still very much left for you to learn." The older man tells him with a proud grin. He then turns his attention to us.

"Welcome!" The man bows to us. He then directs his sight to me. "You must be our new student, yes?"

I was a bit startled and could only nod meekly.

"Come! Tell me your name." To his request, I slowly walked towards him before bowing as a sign of respect.

"My name is Ryenne Atstelli. Nice to meet you sir." I spoke only loud enough for the man to hear, earning a bright smile from his seemingly intimidating face.

"Nice to meet you, Ryenne. I am Irold Gen and I will be your instructor from now on." He then gestured for Xael to come over and introduce him to me. "This is Xael. You'll be training alongside him so feel free to ask him for help."

I looked over to Xael and he also was watching me, his face as blank as ever.

How awkward...

18 May x025

Irold: (eer • rold)

Answer:
For my answer to my previous question, my favorite character so far is Ryun. I think it's because his personality is very eccentric.

Question:
Although the MC is still technically a child despite her mental age, there have been multiple males that have entered her life and I have seen multiple comments about some. Let me know who you want her to get with so far ☆〜(ゝ。

21.12.2019