[ 2.12 ] - Primary: Both unbearably annoying

Primary: Both unbearably annoying

[ 2.12 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 7

Every break I would arrive back to class ten minutes early as to settle myself back into the environment around the talkative students. This time, I came early so I wouldn't have such a hard time coming back due to my aching soreness.

I inwardly sighed as I pull out my writing utensils and lay it out on my desk, waiting for the final lesson to transpire when I found a shadow hovering over me.

Looking up, I found Xael watching me, seemingly hesitant to speak.

"Do you want to tell me something?" I speak up first, not being able to stand this antisocial's awkwardness. He merely nods before sucking in a breath of air.

I couldn't understand why he was so nervous to speak. It couldn't be that he had a crush on me, right? I'm just kidding.

"Uncle Theo..." He begins, making me startled the at the mention of my father. "He said that you would be leaving school with me from now on?"

Ah! Right! I completely forgot!

I nodded in response to his question and gave him a polite smile. "Yes, if you don't mind, it would be a great help if you can help mentor me as well."

"Ah...I'm not very good at speaking so...I'm not sure that I'd be very helpful." He tells me, but I just brush it off and shrugged. "I think you will do fine—"

"—Oh? What is this?" An energetic voice sounds from the entrance of the room, garnering the attention of everyone in the class. "My little brother is finally having a conversation with someone other than me?"

Xael glared at Litheon who had wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"I'm older than you, Litheon." Xael states, his voice glazed with annoyance.

Litheon ignored Xael's comment and quickly turned to me with excitement in his eyes. "What were you two speaking about, Ryenne?"

I watched him, feeling awkward and overwhelmed and his high level of energy. Although I am used to Fleur bouncing around me all the time, at least she was tolerable, but now I can see why the two had gotten together in the first place. They were both unbearably annoying as children.

"Just...talking about our lessons." I answered truthfully before turning away from the bubbly boy, ready to ignore him for the rest of the school day.

I don't know how Xael can stand speaking more than five words to him.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼《RYENNE》✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Alright, class! That will be it for today!" Teacher Wanfiel gave us a handsome smile before retreating to the door and shutting it behind himself.

Immediately after his figure disappeared, I can hear the girls swarming together and swooning over him. It was a never ending circle and I hear that it commonly occurs many years after. Surely Mr. Wanfiel must know his affect on these young girls, right?

"Um..." A timid voice snaps me out of my thoughts and captures my attention, making me look up at the figure standing before me. "Shall we go? Instructor Irold doesn't really like it when people are late."

Giving a small smile, I nod and grab my bag as I follow Xael to his family car, but before we can get far, we are interrupted by Litheon once again.

"Are you two leaving together?" He asks with a bright smile plastered in his face, looking from Xael to myself continuously.

I glanced over to Xael who didn't seem as though he would answer, so I did in his stead. "Ah—yes..."

"Does this mean that you'll be hanging out with us from now on?" I could see the excitement in the boy's eyes as he peered into mine. I had to look away and could only feign a laugh and hesitantly nod. I couldn't find the heart to tell him "no", though that is what I really, really wanted to do.

"Great! It'll be more fun talking to someone other than Xael all day! He's so boring, never giving me a proper response!" He pouts and glares at his best friend childishly.

"I...I see..." I really don't blame Xael. I also ignore Fleur at times as well. "Well, Litheon, we have a lesson to go to so, we'll talk tomorrow, alright?"

The blue eyed boy paused for a moment before nodding in agreement and letting out a joyful laugh. "Alrighty! Talk to you tomorrow, Ryenne! Bye Xael!"

He quickly waved both Xael and I goodbye before running over to his family car and getting in.

Once the Kingsley car was out of sight, Xael gestures towards his family car and I enter it, mentally preparing myself of my later sufferings during our jiu jitsu lesson.

20 May x025

Author's Note:
Happy new year everyone! And in hopes of a better one! I wrote this chapter to make up for being late on my last one, so I guess Merry late Christmas too?
Now, I won't be answering the previous question this time, but I've got some ideas brewing up ahead. (˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Also, I think I'm gonna end this arc soon! Not too sure when, but soon.
(By the way, Ryenne and Xael are learning Combative Jiu Jitsu that is used for self defense and not the Sports Jiu Jitsu)

Question:
For future reference, what type of field trips would you like to see the characters on?
1. Camping/Hiking
2. Beach Resort
3. Snow Resort

31.12.2019