[ 4.06 ] - High School: It can't be...right?

High School: It can't be...right?

[ 4.06 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 16

After a long week of moving and helping Fleur get situated, our third and final year of high school was finally in session. And as per Fleur's request, I had arrived early to ease her anxiety.

While I waited, I couldn't help shutting my eyes every-so-often, trying to catch up on some much needed sleep. Unfortunately, this became a prime opportunity for a certain trouble maker to creep up and startle me.

"Boo!"

Two hands grabbed my shoulders and shook me awake, making me jump and shout in surprise.

Turning my head towards the culprit, I see Litheon clutching his stomach with both of his arms as he laughed his head off.

"Y-You—Bahahaha!"

"..."

"You sh-should've—"

"..."

"—seen the loo-ook—"

"..."

"—on your face...Ho...that was a good laugh."

"..."

Wiping a tear that threatened to fall, Litheon finally sobered up as he drew in a much needed breath. His teasing smile was etched on his lips as he raised a questioning eyebrow.

"So? What're you doing waiting at the academy dorms, Ryn?"

"I'm waiting for a friend. She just moved here recently and she wanted me to show her around."

"You have friends?" Litheon gasped in exaggeration as he searched left and right, high and low. I pursed my lips, watching his dumb ways of teasing me as he once again bursts out into laughter by himself.

"You sure do have strange ways of entertaining yourself, Leon."

"As an only child, I have learned to evolve in ways that you could not."

"Pff—" I turned away, trying my best to hold back my laughter. There wasn't anything particularly funny about his statement, however his serious tone made me crack.

"You're laughing at me!"

"No I wasn't. Anyways," Diverting his attention, I ask, "Why're you here? Shouldn't you be at the main building instead?"

"Oh, yeah! I happened to see you standing in front of the dorms and came out of curiosity."

"Well...now that you know why I'm here, aren't you going to go now?"

"I might as well meet your friend since I'm already here, right?"

"Ah..."

Although the normal answer would have been to agree, I couldn't find it within myself to do so. I wasn't sure how things would turn out if they met. However, before I could try to convince Litheon to leave, Fleur called out to me.

"Ryenne!"

She ran out to me with a bright smile before quickly slowing down once she realized I wasn't alone. Her smile turned a little shy as she glanced at Litheon, then me continuously.

"This is..?" She asked, her loud voice became small and she almost seemed to be trying to shrink herself.

"This is one of my good friends, Litheon—Litheon, this is Fleur, the friend I was talking about earlier."

"Ah, I see." A radiant smile formed on Litheon's face, his eyes were burdensomely dazzling and his cheeks were still slightly flushed from all the laughing he had done previously as he extended his hand out to Fleur. "Nice to meet you, Fleur!"

Fleur's cheeks immediately flushed as she took his hand and shook it. "N-Nice to meet you too, L-Litheon."

Almost immediately after shaking his hand, she let go, as if she had been burned. In contrast, Litheon stood with his hand still extended, shocked by what just happened to him.

As I watched their interactions, I couldn't help but feel slightly strange.

It can't be that they...right?

5 April x033

Author's note:
Hello! I know, it's been a while!
Once again, I apologize!
I really struggled writing this chapter, and honestly, I'm pretty I'm going to struggle writing the next ones in the near and somewhat distant future.
I've lost a lot of motivation to write this story, but I also think it might just be how unproductive I've been feeling these past few weeks...or maybe even this whole year.
I think once school starts I'll finally get back into the groove again. (Or I might get even busier T-T)
On another note, I'm going to be moving out soon for college so I'm honestly very nervous and scared.
I'm the first out of my siblings to move out of the house so I don't know what to expect, but hopefully all goes well.
Fingers crossed!
Ah! I almost forgot to mention that I'm thinking about just deleting my discord server.
Although I would like to have one, I'm just not fit to manage one and I am just not very talkative on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
My energy gets drained too quickly.
If anything, I can just give updates to you guys through the announcements on wattpad and you guys get the notifs for when I post a new chapter anyways.
Maybe one day when I am much more prepared I'll create another discord, however, until then I think I will just keep to not having one.
(Also, I'm extremely lazy so I'm not going to go through the past chapter and delete mentions of a discord)

Question:
Why do you think Litheon is reacting like that?

22.8.2021