[ 3.13 ] - Intermediate: A relief

Intermediate: A relief

[ 3.13 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

I stared back and forth between Isa and Litheon, finding the atmosphere between the two strange. It was tense, and the both of them refused to spare even a glance at the other party.

I became suspicious.

Patiently, I counted the silent seconds, the air continuously becoming thick and gloomy. My skin started to crawl due to discomfort and I found myself staring at the two expectantly, but they didn't seem like they wanted to speak.

After a minute of silence, I let out a tired sigh as I gently massaged my temples.

"What's going on? We've been like this for a week and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere." I found myself pleading them to speak, my hands gripping the roots of my hair as I stared at them with squinted eyes. My outburst caused them all to look at me with surprise.

It wasn't often that I lost my composure in front of them, but I couldn't help it. In a situation where there seemed to be no hope, I felt desperate to know, but at the same time, I didn't want to know, because it was for them to choose to tell me or not.

The first to begin reacting was Isa who grabbed my hands from my hair and placed them down on my lap. She then proceeded to brush my hair with her fingers as she gave a small, reassuring smile.

"You shouldn't worry about it, Ryn. It's nothing important," Isa turned to Litheon, her eyes slightly murderous as she asked, "right?"

Litheon's body froze and he awkwardly smiled and nodded. "Yeah...it was nothing."

I stayed silent as I observed them carefully. Unlike usual, Litheon wasn't meeting Isa's glare head on. Instead, he was avoiding it. Xael also seemed to notice as he slightly raised a questioning brow. "It doesn't seem like nothing, though?"

Both became quiet again, but Isa quickly found her composure as she spoke up again, "We got into a fight...again. It's just that this one was a bit more different..."

As if reliving the moment, Isa bit her lips as she glared daggers into Litheon who still couldn't find the courage to look at her, as if hanging his head in shame.

Satisfied with their answer, Xael and I finally let the problem fall off the hook. Since Isa seems to finally be willing to speak, it seems like the problem won't last much longer.

It's a relief that Isa and Litheon weren't in the same class, though. If they were to be placed in the same one, I can't imagine how horrible it would be for their classmates and teachers.

2 May x029

Author's note:
So...as my aunt had feared, family visits are the main cause to C-19 spreading.
Haha...
Since it is mainly just a chance of exposure, some of my family members are taking a test just in case. Anyways, my family is quarantining.
Also, speaking of family, I feel like most people only refer to their parents and siblings, but when I say family, I refer to my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, parents, and siblings. Just me?
Anyways, because I'm still a student, I decided to continue my last year of High School online .°(д)°.
It was a hard decision, but after experiencing first hand how easily and quickly it spreads, I just don't want to take that chance. And just the thought of how disgusting kids at school are...I quickly said no to that.
Ah, right! I have something important to say: I don't really know why, but I think I'm starting to hit a writer's block. I know that I've been able to make it almost every week, but I don't know... It's becoming harder to write. It's strange because I feel like I'm forgetting how to write in general. In all honesty, it was really hard to milk out this chapter, but at the same time, I feel like this is one of the chapters that I put the most thought and effort into. Especially because I felt like I was losing my writing sense and style, I had to go back to reference my own work along with a lot of others. But overall, I feel pretty proud of how I wrote this chapter, even if it was pretty short.
I also wanted to add more to the chapter to close up some loose ends that I've missed, but I think I'll do that for the next chapter ( )

Last chapter, I found it entertaining reading some of your comments. Many of you assumed that Isa and Litheon became engaged just like I thought, but of course that didn't happen. Of course, that would be the obvious plot, but I wanted to do something a little different.

P.S: I'm losing my sense of time (@_@)

Question:
For the first time, Litheon is guilty of a fight between him and Isa. What could he possibly be guilty of? 🧐

10.7.2020