[ 3.08 ] - Intermediate: I'll be waiting.

Intermediate: I'll be waiting.

[ 3.08 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

Unexpectedly, the training camp was over faster than expected. Maybe it was due to my great concentration on improving that time seemed to fly. Though I was slightly disappointed, I was also pretty excited to go back and see how my friends would react to my new skills.

If I were to compare my skills now to how I was previously, the difference would be night and day. I had gone from a mediocre chef to one of the top 3 of my grade—at the camp only, of course. Unfortunately, due to my negligence, I am still steps behind Ezen who has now earned the title of 'charming genius chef'. The name was quite befitting of him whom placed first in every category, though I can't say much about the first part. I still have much to learn if I want to surpass him, but for now, I'll just continue to take things day by day.

With a sigh, I decided I'd finally relax my shoulders which have grown tense. I let my eyes shut lightly as I waited for the ending ceremony to begin.

Unlike the welcoming ceremony, the ending ceremony took place in the afternoon and was a much more formal event. During this ceremony, the top students of each grade will receive a prize, though it truly is the prize for the high school third years that is the most exciting.

From what I've been told, the high school participants and intermediate third years are not allowed to know their rankings until the final ceremony. All this just to create suspense for the students who are receiving the prize and keep them on edge.

I couldn't help the sigh that escaped my mouth. It was obvious that it was my father's idea to do so. He just seems to love seeing people sweat with anxiety, doesn't he?

"Ryenne? What're you sighing for?"

Hearing a voice that's become so familiar to me, I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

Ezen was dressed in a maroon suit which matched his hair well. His hair was styled up compared to his usual carefree style. I had to admit, I was impressed by the great change it did to his appearance, though it still didn't change his bright personality.

"It's nothing important." I tell him with a shrug. "Anyways, are you excited to be receiving a prize?"

Ezen gave a smile, seemingly filled with unease as he let out a small laugh. "I'm a bit embarrassed to receive a prize. Is it strange?"

I watched him for a moment before smiling and patting his shoulder. "Perhaps it'd be more strange if you didn't receive the prize. You were definitely the star of the camp."

"Is that so?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. He stared at me and shook his head. "If anything, I think it should be you. Since the beginning you've been working hard."

I paused for a moment before letting out an exhausted sigh and shook my head. "Just accept your reward, Ezen. One day I'll beat you, and until that time comes, I don't want to hear you say that again. You are rewarded for your efforts and hard work. Don't give them away so easily."

After hearing my words, Ezen seemed to relax as he finally let a genuine smile fall over his lips. "Alright. I won't do that again."