[ 3.09 ] - Intermediate: Try not to die during battle.

Intermediate: Try not to die during battle.

[ 3.09 ]

R Y E N N E  A T S T E L L I

Year 12

I couldn't help feeling saddened by the fact that we would be leaving City Z. Soon I'd have to go back to the sickening City X filled with pollution and loud cars. Though, I suppose the only good part would be reuniting with my friends.

Actually, I was surprised by Xael. While we were packing to go back, the house had received a call from the Alpheus residence. Einah was the one to inform me and since it was Xael calling, I figured it to be important.

"Hello?" I answered. From the end of the line, I hear a soft sigh, seemingly full of relief.

"Ryn, when are you returning?" Xael's voice was full of desperation, a great contrast to his usual composed self. I couldn't help but be amused, a smile making its way to my lips.

"Why? Is something wrong?" I asked, avoiding his question for the time being.

Xael went silent for a moment, making me wonder if he had ended the call until I heard something in the background.

"Xael! Let go of me! I gotta beat this little cowardly twat until he becomes a pig face!"

A haughty laughter followed after.

"You? Beating me? Don't make me laugh, monkey faced brat!"

I finally understood Xael's desperation. It seems that during the three and a half weeks that I've been gone, Xael has been dealing with these two troublemakers all by himself. I actually feel bad for the guy.

"Ahem!" I cleared my throat, hoping they'd remember that I was still on the line.

"Sorry..." Xael apologized, though there wasn't a need for him to be sorry for.

"Is that Ryn on the line?" I hear Isa ask. Once again, the line went silent again before I heard her voice again. "Ryn-ah! When are you coming back? That stupid rat is bullying me!"

I couldn't help the natural sigh that floated out of my mouth as I massaged my head. This was already a handful and I wasn't even home.

"I'm leaving tonight. I'll be home in the morning." I tell them and in a unison, I hear all three huff a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness!"

I was struck silly by how in sync they were before a laughter naturally came out.

"Was it so miserable without me?" I teased.

"Yes! I was stuck with an idiotic monkey and a guy struck with facial paralysis! It'd be great to finally interact with a decent human being again!" I hear Litheon exclaim. I could already imagine the death glares that would be thrown his way.

"I'll complain later so you can get here faster!" Isa was the next to speak.

And last but not least, it was Xael. With a quiet and pleading voice he whispered, "Ryn, come back quickly. I don't know how much longer I could tolerate these two."

Poor Xael. Litheon and Isa have been pushing his buttons it seems.

"Don't worry. Just hold out for another day and I'll come to your rescue!" I tried to assure him, though I'm not quite sure of how much assurance he gained from it.

"...Alright. Be safe on your way back, Ryenne." Seeing as the conversation was coming an end, a small smile formed as I said my farewells. "You too! Try not to die during battle."

And with that, I continued on packing my luggage until it came time to leave.

18 April x029

Author's note:
So, usually I would write and post immediately but I decided I'd wait a bit. I finally understand why people have a set schedule, which is probably to build up chapters in reserve for in case they are not able to write something in time.
I usually don't do this because I'm always excited to see your guys' reactions in real time, but since I somehow was able to write this chapter so quickly, I decided that I'd just wait until a full seven days have passed.
Does this mean that I have a set schedule? No. But my only schedule is a chapter a week.
Anyways...School is finally over!! Maybe I'll post more if I can, but no promises.

Question:
Do you guys like my aesthetic for Ezen Ru? (Pictures are not mine BTW. Just wanted to make that clear)

2.6.2020