Intermission: Isa Caruess

Spring Break

I've noticed lately my mother's eagerness to frequent the Kingsley estate and her decision to force me into going with her. Whenever I refused, she'd pout, telling me, "Janelle (Litheon's mother) will be disappointed if you don't go."

Each time, I'd reluctantly go, but it's been two weeks! TWO WEEKS in a ROW! I couldn't take it anymore!

And so, when my mother approached me again this morning, I did not hesitate to refuse.

"B-but Isa! Janelle will feel so sad if you don't go!" My mother's bright green eyes began to glisten with 'tears' that began to form. I stared at her, unmoved as I turned away and started flipping through my music sheets.

"Mother, these visits have been taking too much of my time as of late. I am not able to practice the pieces that I am set to play at the next scheduled events. So, if you don't want me to perform unprepared, I suggest you find your other children to go with you."

Soon, I begin to hear sniffling coming from behind me. An over exaggeration to what was happening.

I couldn't help but let out an exhausted sigh before turning and setting my eyes on my brother who sat on his seat leisurely. "Imerin."

My brother turned to me, his eyebrow raised as his eyes glimmered with laughter. He elegantly and slowly put the papers in his hands down as he smiled prettily to me. "Yes, Isa?"

I didn't entertain him much further as I stood up and pointed—no wait, that's a bit too harsh. I gestured towards our mother with a feigned smile.

"Be a dear and accompany your mother to the Kingsley estate if you have so much time on your hands. Thanks."

With those parting words, I gathered my material and headed towards our secluded music room. As it was a room exclusively used for practicing pieces, it was a firm rule that this room should only be used for such purpose. The only downside is that this room is in a secluded corner of the home so it's annoying to get to...

I sighed as I sat down at the grand piano, feeing mentally and physically exhausted.

Ah...if Ryn was here, then I wouldn't hesitate to run to her and complain about all of this.

Surely my mother is thinking I'm oblivious to what she and Aunt Abeline are planning, but it's quite obvious to see that they've been trying to arrange the punk and I together. And it seems they're even more eager than before.

Ugh!

Whatever. As if I'd ever agree.

Author's note:
I've been making some progress on my calc homework...also did I mention that my test is in like 3-4 days?
Ha...
I think I need to exercise more. Been searching up ways to fall asleep since I have such a hard time and apparently lack of exercise is one of the reasons.

Question:
What are you guys doing in quarantine?

9.5.2020