[ 3.12 ] - Intermediate: Intimidate

Intermediate: Intimidate

[ 3.12 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

It was finally the first day of our intermediate days at school, and just like before, I began attending school with Ryun again.

Stepping out of the car, Ryun waited for me as I followed suit. He stood with his arms folded, tapping his toes against the pavement as if he were counting the seconds. His face held a 'cool' expression, a playful grin resting on his face.

He looked so out of character that I couldn't help but scowl at him.

"Stop doing that with your face. You're not cool." I tell him blandly, causing him to drop his act and glare at me.

"What a pity you aren't embarrassing yourself like your first day of primary school." He sighed exaggeratedly. I just smirked as I stepped out of the car, mirth mixed with evil glistening in my eyes.

"Wouldn't you like that to happen again?" I let out a light chuckle as I lightly pat his shoulder. Ryun's expression dropped, his jaw clenched with irritation. "If it weren't for our familial ties, I would've long told Winson to kick you to the curb."

"If it weren't for our familial ties, I would've long sent you to an adoption center." I retorted. Ryun's jaw dropped in offense and disbelief.

"Sending me to an adoption center...Isn't that a bit much?"

I raised a question brow at him whilst I fold my arms and look up to him with a smile that wasn't exactly a smile. "And while you kick me to the curb, you think a frail girl like me won't get kidnapped?"

He became silent, his brows scrunching up together as he sucked in a breath, appalled by my response.

"Frail!? You are frail!?" Ryun asked, exasperated. And without batting an eyelash, I nodded with a serious expression. "What one person would call you frail?"

I paused for a moment before smiling beautifully. "Kaine."

"Of course he would! He obviously has a bias towards you compared to the rest of us. It's cause you don't show him this side of you." I glared at him before walking off ahead.

"You're wrong. It's because Kaine does nothing for me to be annoyed at him for." I tell him, letting out a sigh as I shook my head, glancing back to see him staring at me incredulously. And just as he opens his mouth to say something, I found myself bouncing off of a wall and stumbling backwards.

Finally taking my eyes off of Ryun, I looked in front of me to find that it wasn't a thing but a person I bumped into. Slowly, with slight anxiety, I lifted my head to face him, preparing to converse with a stranger, but instead found myself heaving a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it's only you. Good."

Litheon's face twisted into a wry expression as he looked down at me. "Wow. That's the first thing you say to me after lecturing me for hours?"

I only smiled and nodded without saying anything more.

Looking behind me, Litheon raises a questioning brow. "Let me guess, you and Ryun are in another dispute?"