[ 2.02 ] - Primary: Time to begin bonding

Primary: Time to begin bonding

[ 2.02 ]

R Y E N N E  A T S T E L L I

Year 7

The week passed by quickly and very soon I had arrived back in City X. Although I am disappointed that I have to leave the peaceful country side, I am quite glad to be back with my mother and father and the maids and butlers I am so familiar with.

If I think back to my time at my grandmother's house, it was quite lonely. That may have been the reason why she had me playing with Fleur as much as we did. Though, I still believe that Fleur and I are really not compatible even after the past two and a half years. She is much too outgoing for me, exhausting me too quickly. I do believe we can be friends, but I don't think that I can spend much time with her before I get the urge to—Ahem.

Greeting me at the door, my mother walked out holding Baby Ryec. I was surprised to see that my brother had grown to be so cute while I was away.

"Look, Ryccie, that's your big sister Rynnie!" Mother spoke in a baby voice to which my brother just stared before turning his attention to me. He watched with curiosity, probably wondering who I, this child who looks so similar to both his mother and father, was.

That's right! You're not an only child! You never were!

For a two year old, he was surprisingly calm and quiet. I remembered that all I wanted to do was talk as a two year old because it was so frustrating not being able to express what I wanted or needed.

"Come, Rynnie! Come see your brother!" Mother gestured for me to come closer to her and my younger brother with a gentle smile.

"Isn't he so cute? He looks just like you!" She exclaimed excitedly. I blinked at her and stared before finally turning my attention to Ryec.

He and I both stared back at each other blankly; him with his silver inherited from our mother and I with my indigo from our father. His and my features were the exact opposite of each other, but I also could not deny that his face really did look like my own. It turns out my twin is five years my junior.

After a moments' silence I used my fingers to pinch his cheeks lightly and surprisingly, he did not cry. I was immediately delighted. As long as my brother doesn't turn into a mini Fleur, I will love him!

"Little Ryccie, what is my name?" I ask him with sparkles in my eyes. Come on, I know you can understand me.

A few seconds passed by, then a minute, but he still didn't say anything.

"Mommy, I think there's something wrong with him." I tell my mother seriously. Her eyes widened in surprise as she let out a gasp.

"There is nothing wrong with him, Rynnie. He is just trying to process who you are since you two don't meet very often."

Well I know that.

"Oh." Was my only response. I didn't dare speak my true thoughts as to refrain from shocking my mother.

Taking one more good look at my brother, I finally let out a sigh. It will definitely be a while before he properly learns to say my name—or better yet—memorize it. I guess now would be a good time to begin bonding with this little brother of mine.

26 March x025

*   *   *

17.10.2019