[ 2.11 ] - Primary: I have overestimated myself.

Primary: I have overestimated myself.

[ 2.11 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 7

I have overestimated myself.

I thought that I would be able to excel at anything I wanted to if I just use my prior knowledge to my advantage, but when it comes to physical activities, I have absolutely no knowledge nor skills. I felt like a baby learning to walk again.

I was never the athletic type. I was more dexterous, hence my exceptional cooking and knife skills. So, when it comes to larger bodily movements, it's really hard to conform to the style of movement without being so stiff and awkward.

With the thought of having to attend the lesson later in the day, I couldn't help my sigh as I accidentally snipped a branch off of the bush I was tending to.

"..."

I had no words for myself.

"What's up with you?" I hear Ryun's voice from behind and just cast him a sidelong glance before grabbing the branch I had cut off and tossing it towards his face.

"I don't want to hear that question from you!" I told him angrily. Just looking at his face was annoying. A taunting, annoying face.

On the first day I went to my lesson, I clearly remember my instructor telling me about how well Ryun did when he first took lessons from instructor Irold. I always knew that Ryun was naturally good at sports, but when I'm in the position of being compared to him, I feel very annoyed. We excelled in very different areas so it feels very wrong to compare us.

Skillfully, he dodged the branch and stared at me with surprise.

"What!? What was that for!? I only asked you a question!" This time he glared at me, but I refused to speak, feeling a tad bit of guilt and embarrassment and instead turned my attention back to the bush I was trimming down.

Currently the bush was half spherical with a somewhat noticeable dent from my mistake from earlier. Luckily, if one didn't look at it closely, they wouldn't notice at all.

As I finished the final touches, my eldest cousin arrives with Kaine. Curiously, the bubbly boy asked, "Isn't it dangerous to be holding sheers, little Ryenne?"

"I don't recommend talking to her, Kaine." Ryun warns in a not so quiet voice. "She threw a branch at me earlier which means she's really not in a good mood."

Very soon, I felt a presence behind me and turn my head to find Ryon watching me worriedly. "Are you okay, Rynnie? The lessons haven't been too hard, have they?"

I give a smile and just shrugged. "It's been okay. I'm not very good, but I'll get the hang of it." I tell him optimistically, though it is not my true feelings towards the sport.

"It's good that you're thinking positively!" He pats my head gently before adding, "It is quite strange for you to become violent in the first place. I hope you feel better soon."

I could only feign a laughter as I place the sheers on the neatly cut grass.

"Thank you for the concern, Ryon." I tell him as I turn to face the other two older boys.