[ 3.17 ] - Intermediate: I was caught.

Intermediate: I was caught.

[ 3.17 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

As I stood outside of the gymnasium, I felt strange. It was a feeling that I often felt whenever I began a new activity, but for some odd reason, as I lingered outside of the gymnasium doors, the intensity of this feeling was abnormal.

My heart was beating rapidly, swelling with anxiety while my legs were weak as they shook from my lack of confidence to enter the building.

To sum it up, I was a complete mess.

Ten minutes had long passed since I first arrived, and the longer I waited, the more that I dreaded to enter.

I was dawdling.

I decided to calm my nerves by taking a slow walk around the vicinity before I returned to reattempt my entrance.

Taking a deep breath, I secure my bag over my shoulder before beginning my walk.

Truthfully, I found it quite laughable. I would've never thought that I'd ever lose the confidence to begin a new and unfamiliar activity, but after a moment of deliberation, I've come to a reasonable conclusion.

All my life I have been holding the hand of another to tread onto a new path. Every time I do something, there's always someone with me. I hadn't realized how sheltered I have been until now.

It seems I am just a child.

I sighed, lamenting over my own self.

I didn't bother distracting myself with the lush and well kempt scenery as I quickly returned to the entrance of the gymnasium.

Calm and composed, I stepped into the building as I watched the scene playing out before me.

There seemed to be two mock games going on at the same time, each team consisting of six players while a player stood out to the side on standby. Glancing over the young boys, it wasn't difficult for me to distinguish who Ryun and Litheon were out of the clusters.

On the left court, Litheon stood with his back facing me. His tall, lanky figure was as clear as the light of day as he stood in a ready position. His hair was matted with his sweat and his shoulders glistened disgustingly with it as well.

On the right court, Ryun stood facing me, though he was in the back row. Unlike Litheon who looked awkward with his long limbs, Ryun's tall stature was filled with lean muscles. And without a care for his appearance, Ryun tied the top of his hair with a small hair tie that did not belong to him, creating a white palm tree on the top of his head.

As I stood at a distance, I decided I'd watch Ryun's game carefully to make sure that I don't miss a moment should he make a mistake.

Unfortunately, though, such wishes did not come true as he served the ball without a hitch. The power generated from his serve held so much force that the boys on the other side were reluctant to even receive it. Despite their hesitation, they dove for the ball, but the control was lost, causing the ball to fly off its course and head towards my direction.