[ 2.03 ] - Primary: Not so bad

Primary: Not so bad

[ 2.03 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 7

"You," I stared at the chubby little boy with snow blonde hair and a pair of silver eyes with slightly narrowed, interrogating eyes. "You should know my name by now, shouldn't you?"

As per usual, Ryec just stared at me quietly. I couldn't help but let out an exasperated sigh as I lie on my back in frustration.

It's been nearly a week since I have begun living with my parents again, and still, after constant visits and reminders, my own little brother can not even say my name. Shouldn't he be at least a little smart? Is my name really that hard to say?

Without noticing my brother approaching me, I felt a soft, pudgy hand grab hold of my bare calf, startling me. My body immediately jolted up into sitting position as I stared at my baby brother with wide eyes. I can't believe that he willingly touched me. I've always kept a certain distance as to refrain from scaring him, yet he took the initiative to actually get near me.

At my sudden movement, Ryec stopped moving and just stared at me with his curious eyes. I couldn't help my excitement as I held his chubby cheeks in my hands.

"Ryccie, can you say Ryenne?" I asked him for the nth time. As he didn't respond, I wondered whether my name was just too hard for him to say. If that's so, then, "Ryccie, how about Rynnie? Can you say that?"

"Ryn—nie?" His soft, warm voice immediately melted my heart and made my face light up. In my excitement, I gave my little brother a kiss on his cheek and hugged him lovingly.

"You did it, Ryccie! You finally said my name!" I am very much sure that I may have startled this little brother of mine, but he was a good child. He did not cry, but as per usual, he just stared at me with those eyes of his.

When I saw my brother for the first time, I called him ugly and squished; when I saw him a week ago, I said there was something wrong with him; but now, why did he look so cute to me?

Very gently, I patted his head as I gave him a toothy smile, to which he returned—probably subconsciously.

"Ryccie, you really remind me of a puppy, do you know that?" I tell him.

"Ryccie is a puppy?" He asks me with his big, bright eyes. I was at a loss at how to respond. Should—should I just go along with it and tell him that he is? Mother will probably scold me, but her reaction will also be funny. Surely, Father would not mind as he would probably do the same as I.

Hm...

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼《RYENNE》✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

In the end, I had told Ryec that he was a little puppy, much to my amusement. I watched as his eyes lit up excitedly, him pushing himself up to stand before toddling towards the hall.

I was surprised to say the least. Was—was he so excited that he was going to tell Mother?

Curiously, I followed after him from a short distance as he ran with a bounce to his steps. It was very comedic: a two year old child prancing around with his chubby, little figure and playful grin plastered on his face—you can't help being drawn to this quiet yet adorable little boy.

"Ah? Ryccie? What're you doing here?" I hear my mother exclaim in surprise as she does over to pick him up.

"I am a puppy! Not Ryccie!" His childish voice exclaims, causing our mother to chuckle as she kissed his marshmallow cheeks.

"Alright, then, Ryccie is a puppy, but who told you that you were a puppy?" An inquiry was made, meaning she was surely going to find out that it was me, though I don't really mind. Now, it's a test whether Little Ryec remembers this sister of his or not.

As our mother awaited for his answer, I found myself holding my breath.

Come on, I know you know my name. Just say it.

"Big Sister Rynnie said Ryccie is a puppy."

As soon as he said my name, I jumped out and cheered I joy as I rushed towards my little brother.

"Ryccie is so smart~!" I immediately planted my lips on his cheeks as I ruffled his head full of hair.

I suppose living here is not so bad when I have such a smart cutie by my side.

30 March x025

*   *   *

24.10.2019