Round Two

July 4th, 2005

Another day, another headache Illumi groused in the comfort of his own head. By right he should be with his friends at the moment, preparing to rough up some second years at another school - Shibuya to be exact. Takemichi claimed that his cousin was the leader of the school so if third years came about to start trouble they planned on name dropping him.

Illumi wanted to be there especially for Takuya, the boy has always been more delicate in nature. Illumi adored the boy though and whenever things like this happen he tends to stick to the blond to ensure his safety. But no, instead he was stuck at school with a teacher who found it their life's mission to lecture him on who he should hang out with and how the wrong crowd will supposedly affect his 'future prospects'. To be honest Illumi's kind of creeped out by the man, he's always way too invested with the boy's future and the looks shot at him when thought he wasn't paying attention was concerning. The man was obsessed.

"I'm serious Illumi," so familiar - too familiar "you're going to regret it if you keep hanging around trouble makers." Mr. Niria said with a disapproving frown.

"I understand sir," Illumi said placatingly as he gave a charming smile. "But I really must be going, my parents will be worried about my whereabouts."

"Of course," Mr. Niria said, though he looked a bit sour at their time being cut short. "Be careful on your way back, yeah?" the man asked as he placed a hand on the younger's shoulder lingering a touch too long.

"Yes sir," Illumi said, then bolted out of the school like a bat from hell. Creepy ass teacher touchin' me like it's okay.

Illumi ran down the streets, long legs gracefully weaving him between alleys and crowds. When he got to more quiet areas, the ones with more obstructions that people tend to avoid, he settled for some parkour. He effortlessly hauled himself over buildings and up walls, tumbling off roofs and skipping past gaps. There was one big jump from a building to another with an almost eight-foot gap in between, he crossed it with a small whoop and rolled landing before powering forward. He didn't see a blond duo stare after him in shock-laced interest, for how often does one actually witness a boy sail over houses with the elegance of a dancer and power of a fighter.

Illumi made it to the train station but tsked at how much time had been lost, the sky was darkening and he was far past the scheduled time set up for the meet-up. Stupid teacher and his weird interest in Illumi's life. He was antsy the whole train ride, a pit in his stomach making him worry, he's learned to trust his instincts over the years.

Once the ride was over he bolted out not caring for the called complaints behind him, Illumi ran as fast as he could trying to locate the park the meet up was meant to be at but when he got there his heart dropped, his friends- the people he's come to care so deeply for were all on the ground beat black and blue blood not unseen anywhere on their faces.

"No," Illumi whispered, horrified as listened to the whimpers of the soft 'don't tell anyone that I cried' from Yamagishi.

He sprinted to his friends and came to a kneeling slide as he bent over to check the damage done to his friends. Akkun was checking over Takuya so Illumi went to Takemichi.

"Here," he murmured as he supported his friend and took out a small first aid kit that he's grown to carry around in his bag at this point. "Look up for me Michi, I need to clean the blood."

The blond obliged but his eyes were off somewhere far away as the dark-haired boy wiped away crimson and concernedly swept away stray hairs. Once done he gave a gentle smile and headed over to Takuya giving Akkun the opportunity to check on the other two boys.

"Come here, Takuya" Illumi muttered, guiding the boy's head up wincing softly as he looked at the damage done. "Okay, let's get you cleaned." he softly cleaned the boy's wounds, giving breaks in between and pushing hair back from a bruised face as weary green eyes watched him. Illumi studiously ignored the shouting of Takemichi and helped Takuya to his feet, letting the boy lean on him, head resting on his shoulder with the height difference being so pronounced.

They gathered up and started to head their way back to their houses but Takemichi broke off from them halfway saying he needed to do something. The four acknowledged this and let him go if not a bit worried for him.

"C'mon," Illumi said. "It's getting dark, we best hurry."

Illumi escorted Takuya to his house and supported the boy the whole way until they were at his front door.

"Will you be okay getting in?" Illumi asked.

"Yeah," Takuya cleared his throat. "Thanks for helping me, Yato."

"Of course, you're my friend, anything you need let me know. And how many times must I tell you to call me Illumi."

"Right, friend," Takuya mumbled, opening his front door. "I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight Illumi."

"Good night."