Rethink

Illumi won't lie, leaving the hospital was fucking amazing, the staff were great there but man did they take every second to tell him the same stuff every single visit.

Mr. Yato always wear your medical bracelet.

Mr. Yato, you should consider replacement treatment.

Mr. Yato, do you feel any pain even though I already told you I can't administer you any more pain meds.

Mr. Yato, you can't pull out your stitches.

Thankfully his stitches were removed the day he was discharged so he didn't have to worry about them anymore. His parents didn't even come to pick him up nor did they visit at all during his stay. The day he was discharged he didn't tell anyone not wanting to deal with a sudden influx of people offering him rides home. It's not that he's ungrateful but he doesn't feel like socialising.

It took two bus rides and a 15-minute walk to reach his home and when he did he was beyond surprised that he found his parents' car in the driveway. It's a once-in-a-blue moon occasion that they are home. Illumi huffed out a breath but his curiosity was too much for him to ignore so he entered the far too large and cold house being greeted by a butler in the foyer.

"Young master Illumi, your parents request your presence the minute you return home. They're in the drawing-room."

"...thank you, Yuri."

Always the same, Illumi scoffed to himself, never caring about where I am just when I can come to show myself. Bet they won't even ask where I've been once they see me just start with 'we have business to discuss' like I'm some employee instead of their son.

Illumi made his way to the drawing-room where his mother and father sat side by side. They both looked as regal as ever, his father tall and wide with strength looking ethereal with bone-white hair catching a wave to the end. It wasn't as long as Illumi's but it did reach his shoulders. His mother was the picture of grace holding her shoulders straight and her chin high. Her face was elegant and pretty from her sharp red eyes to her delicately pointed chin. It was no secret to where Illumi got his looks, his DNA lottery was full of winning attributes.

His mother did look a bit more...soft, however. Something he's never seen in his life.

"Illumi, we have business to discuss." His father, Yato Kyoka spoke strictly and to the point, no niceties were needed apparently from him.

Knew it, Illumi dinged to himself.

"Yes father," Illumi responded coldly and detached. "What is it?"

"You will be receiving a new sibling," Yato Kila also known as Illumi's mother said.

...the fuck?

"I'm sorry?" Illumi's eyes widened. "A sibling? When?"

"Next week is the due date," Kila said, placing her hand on her stomach that caused the flowy fabric to constrict showing a large baby bump.

A sibling? Illumi tried to process. He has no problems with having a sibling around but he doesn't want them to be subjugated to the cold house his family calls home. He's not too shocked that his mother is already so far in her pregnancy, his parents are never home enough for him to notice a growing baby bump.

"Of course, once the baby is born, much like how you were raised, the attendants of the house will be providing the majority of the care," Kyoka said. "We will be returning to work right after, a big deal is on the horizon."

"Yes, I...understand father," Illumi muttered his mind anything but organized. "I ask for a request."

"Oh," Kyoka raised an eyebrow, very seldom his son asks for things the brat can be relied on for. "What is it? Spit it out, boy."