Refuse

Now don’t get Hanma wrong, he absolutely abhors the thought of having his beloved shared with anyone else but he also knows that to catch one Illumi Yato you needed an army posted on every goddamn street or he would slip through your hands like smoke. That was the only reason he’s willing to give away Illumi’s position in order to have him be once again where he rightfully belongs, home with Toman.

God he looked so beautiful as he strolled across the beaten dirt path to the restroom, Hamna originally thought he was hallucinating, thinking it was his mind once more acting up over the loss of not seeing the object of his affections for so long. He still kept his gorgeous long hair, albeit more spruced up with the streak of white in it but it suited him so well. The colourful ink he could see peeking from cuffed sleeves were definitely a surprise but man did it make him wanna trace them forever...preferably on his bed where little clothes were involved. 

The last time Hamna saw Illumi was just under twelve years ago, in fact that was the last time anyone from Toman saw Illumi. He showed himself once more before he ran off into the darkness and reached levels no one else could pull him from. At first his lack of presence was thought to be the boy just wanting some space but then a week passed with no word from him so the search began and they were relentless for weeks on end. The gang started to grow frantic and fights were getting increasingly messy. 

Then an anonymous tip came in that Illumi had moved, it threw Mikey for a loop and he raged, it was no secret the blond was...rather attached to the other while that wasn’t uncommon amongst the people within Toman no one else was so showy with it. Then again when you’re Sano Manjiro and have that level of strength to fight for yourself, is it really needed to hide your affections?

But now he’s back, Illumi in the flesh, not some blurry capshot from a lucky encounter from overseas. Shuji waited outside the restroom, refusing to miss an opportunity to have the other escape. As the minutes ticked by Hamna grew antsy, why was he in there for so long? There's only one exit, the door and he hasn’t take his eyes off it sinc-

Was there a window? The thought has him sprinting to the building, even if there was surely he wouldn’t be able to fit through it right? That was a stupid thought of course he would, he’s Illumi the boy could be a professional controtionest if he desired, hot but not wanted right now. 

He busted in the door cracking off the wall and splintering at the force he used and of course there was a window, Hamna stared at the opened pane of glass, it was a small escape route many wouldn’t usually be able to consider. Enraged at his lack of forethought Hamna threw his fist into a mirror hoping to relieve some of his pent up emotions. Once he had shattered the reflective glass he fished out his phone and quickly dialed a framilair number.

“Wha-”

“Listen we don’t have much time, he’s escaped, squeezed out some fuckin’ tiny window and ran off. Deploy all you can, he shouldn’t have been able to get that far.”

“You idiot! Go, fucking find him, I’ll have men on all street corners.”

Having his orders Hanma shot off, not willing to live another minute without Illumi now that he’s so close. 

Illumi ran quickly with soft footfalls making sure to keep any noise to a minimum, his eyes darting any way to make sure he could watch himself from all angles. He truly looked like prey at that moment with wide eyes and jerky movements. The city was a big no-no, there would be too many witnesses and the more people around meant more possibilities for them to be Toman men. He sent a quick text to Naoto and Takemichi saying he had to go ‘cause some business came up unexpectedly. 

The worst scenario Illumi could think of was Mikey appearing, his old friend apparently was not doing so well mentally these past few years. If he had to see that with his own two eyes it wouldn’t entice him to stay or anything but it would definitely make him sad at what the once great Mikey and his dreams had fallen to.