Respect

When Illumi opened his eyes he did not expect to see the white ceiling of a hospital nor did he expect to have his hand held capture by a sleeping Mikey as a tired Draken sat slumped in an uncomfortable-looking chair. Illumi’s throat was dry and his lips chapped to hell and back. He debated slipping away from Mikey’s hold and getting water or waking the boys up. Seeing the peaceful yet eye-bagged laden faces he chose the first option. Getting away from Mikey was a nightmare, the boy was like a goddamn tripwire and any slight movement made him shift as if preparing to wake up.

Illumi managed to slip the pillow under Mikey’s hand and that let him get up and out from the bed even when his side twinged with pain. And I.V was in his arm so he had to take the stand that connected the fluid bag and gently wheel it to the other side of the room where on a suspended table there was a jug of water and some plastic cups. As Illumi was drinking some refreshing water that he had procured for himself one exhausted Mitsuya stumbled his way into the room and stared at the empty bed for a solid ten seconds before registering that the occupant wasn’t there. 

It was then chaos. 

“Illumi?!” Mistuya cried loudly with utter confusion on where the boy was gone. His shout was so startling it woke up Draken and Mikey in a rather hilarious manner.  Both shot to their feet, Draken knocking over his chair and raising his fists ready to hit anyone within reach. Mikey threw out some very cliches-like karate moves by chopping his hands in the air. 

“Mikey, Draken! Where’s Illumi, you two were on watch!?” 

“Huh? He’s right…..” Draken trailed off pointing to the empty bed. “there…” Processing. “Where the fuck is Lumi?!”

“Eh! Ken-chin, Lumi is gone! Where did he go?!” Mikey scrambled the blankets as if thinking Illumi would be hiding in them. 

The three argued amongst themselves while Illumi was watching. Then a loud, stuttering ‘siiiiiiiiip’ rang through the room making the boy’s creak their heads like some faulty animatronics. They turned to the corner where they saw him leaning against his I.V drip slurping on some water. 

“Hi guys” Illumi greeted them, not bothering to hide his amusement at the whole show.

“Illumi! You’re not supposed to be out of bed,” Mitsuya fretted and moved to be by his side and he tried to put the boy back into his hospital bed for rest. 

“But I was thirsty…” Illumi pouted.

“Why didn’t you ask Draken or Mikey to get you some, they were right there.” Mitsuya guided Illumi by his elbow and lower back, he eased him onto the bed being mindful of his wound. “You’ve been out of it for three days Illumi, you have to be careful.”

“But they looked so cute and peaceful asleep, I didn’t wanna wake them…” Illumi huffed looking away from everyone, not catching the soft blush from the two blonds and the fond look from Mitsuya. 

“I’m sure they wouldn't mind Illumi.”

“Yeah! Just call us next time Lumi~” Mikey cheered as he offered a wide smile and slyly approached the boy to smuggle soft affection pats on the head.

“You just got stabbed, take care of yourself.” Draken scolded the boy as he soothed down some stray hairs from Illumi's temple. Because he was unconscious Illumi’s hair was very tangled and all over the place. 

“Okay, I'll try,” Illumi said, sighing in exasperation. 

“Good, now I'm going to get the doctor,” Mitsuya informed the three. “Don’t do anything stupid.” 

His warning words sent chills up everyone’s spines and so they sat in that room like the well-behaved children they were. 

Lies.