End of War

"Fuck, Keisuke!" Illumi hollered in horror. His arms frantically rushed to assess the wound, wide black eyes looking for Chifuyu. He needed his bag and he needed it now.

"C'mon, Kei, stay with me," Illumi lowered Baji to the floor, keeping a tight grip on him.

"Mikey," Kazutora grinned with mania as he climbed to his feet. "You're next. You're gonna die along with him."

"Shut up," Mikey ordered. "I'll beat you to death."

"Baji," Takemichi huffed. "Why'd you do it? I don't get it...why would you...what were you trying to achieve...by stabbing yourself?!"

"Where is he?" Illumi hissed in regards to Chifuyu. His hands were occupied in keeping pressure on both stab wounds while Baji's head rested on his lap.

"Takemicchi..." Baji panted. "Come closer." He huffed trying to ease himself further into Illumi's hold. "Kisaki is the enemy."

Illumi's brows furrowed at this, he knew little about the third division captain other than the fact that he saved Illumi and Mikey earlier. The boy did look vaguely familiar but much of lllumi's childhood becomes hazy in his mind.

"I realised that back when Pah stabbed Osanai," Baji said. "'I'll get Pah out of prison. In exchange make me the third division captain.' I just happened to catch Kisaki proposing that to Mikey." His breath wheezed in his throat. "Kisaki is not... our third division captain! Toman was formed... by the six of us."

Baji's eyes started to flutter. "No matter what happens...Pah's the only captain of the third division."

In the distance Chifuyu came scrambling around people. An ordinary black backpack clenched so tight like it was a lifeline, and it was. It was Baji's lifeline.

The blond came and dropped to his knees beside his best friend while Illumi frantically grabbed the bag, rooting through it.

"Baji..." Chifuyu trembled.

"Pah-chin," Keisuke started. "Mitsuya...Draken...Mikey...Kazutora."

Illumi dumped out a few things in his bag catching the attention of the Haitani brothers who watched the whole spectacle with vague tones of amusement.

"lllumi," Baji said causing the other boy to look down at him in his lap with a blood stained smile. "Toman founding members... are my treasure." Keisuke's eyes filled with tears that broke their dam and fell down his cheeks, turning pink along their trail. "I wanted to fix this on my own. But I just couldn't. I..."

He choked on his breath.

"...died on my own. Mikey has no reason to kill Kazutora..."

Illumi sucked on his teeth at the lengths Baji was going through to prevent something he shouldn't have to.

"...It's about time..." Baji panted. "I'm startin' to hallucinate."

Cursing Illumi ignored what was going on and started to level out the contents of his bag. People looked confused before a few things started to look framilair. It was medical equipment. Chifuyu's heart swelled with hope, maybe- maybe Illumi could save Baji?

Chifuyu hiccupped as Baji's sleepy eyes turned to look at his most loyal friend.

"Chifuyu?" Keisuke asked head comforted in his most precious' lap.

"Yes?" Chifuyu choked.

"I'd kill for some Peyoung Yakisoba right now."

Illumi's head craned up for a fraction of a second, his heart hurting at the scene before him.