Dead or Alive

Like a silent Shadow Kazutora emerged from nowhere and drove a knife into Baji's left side.

"Huh?" Takemichi said. "Kazutora?"

With wide eyes blankly watching his own actions Kazukora shoved the knife deeper. "Die... Baji…"

Enraged, Takemichi shouldered Kazutora away from Baji, throwing not only himself but Kazutora away from further causing Baji harm.

Illumi watched everything from his place holding Mikey. Looking down at the blond he could tell someone would die today. Straining his arm Illumi managed to move his arm and reach for his phone where he sent a text with only one character '3'. The person would know what to do.

Even though Illumi clearly saw the knife deeply buried into Baji’s side the boy acted as if it was merely a scratch.

Chifuyu was enraged, he grabbed Kazutora by the front of his shirt. "Kazutora! what the fuck are you trying to do?!"

Illumi’s grip on Mikey started to slip as his desire to check on Baji and Takemichi became stronger. Mikey held his arms tightly, unwilling to let that happen. With Takemichi declaring to take down Kisaki in order to become Toman's leader he was subjected to violence very often.

Things really kicked off when Baji tied back his hair and declared war on all fifty guys from Toman's third division, all against himself.

He picked up a steel pipe, "Let's go fuckers!!"

It was child's play to him, Baji cut through the crowd like a hot spoon through butter. He was more beast than man with the way his hits were spot on, he never missed and made his way through his enemies with startling ease.

As things became more hectic around them Illumi lifted Mikey and moved the two away without being noticed. It would do them no good to get caught up in the whole mess. Mikey was conflicted; on one hand he wanted to go down and rage particularly on Kazutora but on the other hand he wanted to stay here under Illumi’s hands and cared for in his lap.

He thought he had time to decide but then Baji who had made it to Kisaki and was threatening his life with the sharp edge of a pipe suddenly coughed out blood.

"Fuck," Baji cursed. He smiled bittersweetly. “Guess that's that…"

Baji fell to his knees, legs after giving up on him. He looked like a broken doll who's strings had been brutally cut, letting them crash to the earth.

"Baji!!" Chifuyu shouted, rushing to his bestfriends side. “Kisaki, you bastard! What'd you do to him?!"

"You saw, didn't you?" Kisaki defended. " I…didn’t do a damn thing."

Mikey could feel Illumi slipping from his side, slowly leaving him to inch towards others.

"Blood…" Chifuyu frantically examined Baji’s fallen form. “You got stabbed? Did you get stabbed?! When?!"

Chifuyu’s blue eyes set upon another figure. "Kazutora…KAZUTORA!"

Said boy looked half demented as he mumbled away to himself from his kneeling position. As Illumi let go Mikey made his decision. Kazutora's transgressions not only for Baiji but Shinchiro can not be forgiven.

"I see now! He lured Baji into Valhalla…” Kisaki speculated. “so he could kill him when he least expected It!"

"Right." Kisaki turned just as Mikey's jump landed right behind him.  “Leader?"

Mikey ignored Kisaki and even Illumi landed right after him to rush to Keisuke's side.

"For so long…” Mikey said, walking towards Kazukora. “As soon as you got outta juvie, I was gonna kill you. But the one who kept telling me not to…was Baji.”

Illumi had moved Baji to his back, keeping pressure on the wound. He removed the Valhalla jacket in order to get easier access. He instructed Chifuyu to rip the Jacket to large strips. The blond did so, no questions asked.

Mikey continued forward at ease that his friend was in Illumi's care. Yet he had no mercy to give anyone.

Illumi tried to keep an eye on both Baji and Mikey but the one currently in his arms had priority. His eyes strayed to see Mikey take down Hanma with one kick. Baji groaned hoarsely as he spit up more blood on his already covered front.

"Shh, it's okay," Illumi hushed him softly using his hand to wipe away some of the blood and spit covering his face. “It's gonna be okay, Kei, I'm right here."

"....'lum-" Baji coughed.

Illumi soothed down some stray hairs. “It's okay, hun."

He knew what was going on between Mikey and Kazutora was only going to end badly down the line. Mikey wasn't thinking properly, his head clouded from grief old and new.

"Where's that damn ambulance?!" Chifuyu yelled in distress as all he could do was flutter around Illumi helplessly as the other boy became more and more stained crimson.

The scene below with Mikey and Kazutora became dire as the blond truly aimed to bathe his hands in the death of a once friend. Punch after punch rained down on Kazutora's face never letting up, never giving a moment of relief.

"Illumi!" Takemichi pleaded desperatly hoping his friend could rectify the situation. It became apparent at how bleak things looked when Mikey didn't even raise his head at the call of Illumi's name.

"I can't leave him, Takemichi!" Illumi hissed furious. Baji was bleeding profusely, even if they managed to keep the boy alive serious repercussions are more than likely to be present.

"Mikey." Baji called trying to stand regardless of his injuries. Illumi supported him, keeping brutal pressure on the wound. “MIKEY!"

Mikey's head whips around to see his childhood friend in the arms of the boy that means more than life to him. Baji swayed uneasily.

"You got mad…" Bayi's smile was so carefree that Illumi was briefly captivated. "Just for me? Thanks, man."

"You gotta stay down, Baji!" Chifuyu yelled in distress.

Baji tried to pull himself from Illumi's hold only to fail as the other boy held tightly never leaving up pressure on his stab wound.

"Easy, Kei, easy," Illumi mumbled he waved Chifuyu over who hurried to obey. "Find my backpack, Chifuyu, and quick."

The blond was scrambling away as fast as he could.

Illumi supported Baji as he dragged his feet towards his quarreling friends. Illumi nas beginning to resemble a murder victim as his front became consumed in red.

"I'm not…gonna die." Baji reassured as his breath caught and fumbled in his lungs. He leaned against Illumi, loving the warmth as the temperature seemed to drop around him. “This wound ain't gonna kill me. So don't worry about it, Kazutora."

Baji reached into his pocket and pulled out a pocket knife. " You," he drove the knife into his gut before Illumi could even process what he was doing. "are not…gonna kill me."

He fell into Illumi's arms content to pass in his hold.