Decisions

Mikey's face froze along with many others.

"Heh?"

The blond's eyes darted from Illumi to the baby he was holding in rapid succession.

"HEH?!" Mikey all but bounced around the two looking at them from all angles. "That's a really funny joke, Lumi!"

"I wasn't joking," Illumi said, still smiling but the curl of his lips was starting to look a tad bit ominous.

"Hmm, lies aren't cute Lumi even if it's your pretty face saying them."

"Wasn't lying..."

"B-but..." Mikey's eyebrows drew together in confusion. He turned to Draken frustrated. "But Lumi wasn't pregnant?!"

Annoyed, Illumi whacked a hand into the back of the shorter boy's head. "Boys with male anatomy can't get pregnant, dumbass!"

"Then..." Mikey's thinking face was a sight to behold, Illumi could practically see the equations floating around. "No!" His dead black eyes widened to an insane level whipping around to stare in disbelief at Draken, then the Toman members then finally returning to Illumi. "You-you and a-a girl?!"

"Precisely," Illumi said with a dry tone. "Little Killua was worth it though." Illumi lifted a little hand to wave at the other boys. "Say hi sweetheart~"

"Bah!"

"Close enough."

"Who's the mother?" Mikey demanded as an icy feeling swelled in his heart along with many others. Just who could have grasped the attention of Illumi so profoundly that they got him to lay with them. Illumi, who never seemed to hold enough thought for those of the fairer sex nor the lewd actions that came with entrusting your body to another in an act of pleasure. Illumi was meticulous, sterile nearly with the way he reacted to physical touch and affection. Yes, he had become more comfortable with it, some more than others but there was always a strain in his posture when another's body touched his. Even little Killua wasn't an exception.

Illumi seemed to have an aversion to touch, he never really seemed to like it but instead, put up with it for those he holds close to show their own affection towards him even if it was by a means he doesn't particularly favour. All his held dear dealt out different levels of touch, Mikey was by far the touchiest with a tight grip and warm limbs, desperate for attention to always be on him. Draken was a smooth brushing of hands, comfort, and unused to touch of a kind nature much like him. Takemichi was clingy and sought comfort in the way he melded their bodies together, protection in its purest form. Hina was shy touches and fussing manners, afraid of messing up. Baji was like a cannonball running through boundaries but with nothing but kind intentions, an arm around the shoulders and a hand on the waist. Chifuyu was hesitant and unsure half reaching out hands that Illumi took pity on and reached back to. Mitsuya was gentle and experienced, knowing when it became too much and when it was welcomed. He was observant. Illumi had no favourite when it came to his friends, he had grown to adore them all separately.

"No one of your needing to know." Illumi hummed dismissively.

"Huh? Lumi-"

"No one you need to know, drop it Manjiro."

Hushed gasps came from the crowd at the use of the leader's full name being used. The only reason they did not rally at the disrespect like they did to Kisaki was because they knew all it would do would ignite the fury of the invincible Mikey on them. No one in the leader's presence was to be any form of disrespectful towards Yato Illumi. That was made explicitly clear. They still remember the abrupt meeting held to make that announcement, Mikey had looked upon his gang with such cold, frigid eyes ready to slaughter those who did not heed his word or follow his orders.

Mikey pursed his lips but did not speak more on the subject his eyes spoke of undone conversations and yet to be had shouting matches but he did not voice anything more on the topic of Illumi's supposed coupling.

"Fine...as for why I called you here, I want to formally offer you your position among the people of Toman." Mikey looked proud of himself, his back straight and chest puffed. "You would be a shadow only because you shine so bright. You would be our ears and eyes when others block our way. My shadow equal if you will, together we will reign upon Japan a new era of delinquents." Mikey offered his hand palm up and wrist exposed, a sign of trust and vulnerability. "Coem join our family Illumi, and let us show you our love here."

Illumi stared at the offered hand in silence. Be...in toman? He was supposed to disappear, to fade into darkness bringing nothing but little Killua with him. He was to wane into obscurity and pull strings from the curtain behind watching an intricate play called life to be performed like some hidden deity too good to show their face. He cannot do that in Toman, yes he may be the leader's shadow but he still shines in Mikey's bright light, too prominent to be hidden away. Illumi isn't naive or dense enough to think Manjiro would keep him there, faded and unseen. He knows the looks cast his way, Mikey is after drowning far too deep in his interest to not see the full extent of just what Yato Illumi can do.

He had become...invested.

On one hand, being in Toman keeps his childhood alive for a little longer, it keeps his bonds and his new flourishing friends alight until the sun rises. He will get to stand beside a boy with blond hair made of the light of a dying sun, he would be brushing hands with the embers of a fallen star which galaxies are weaved into his skin and determination coating his resolve. Mikey Is beautiful but devastating to watch, you watch him knowing just how far he will go but also knowing just how far he could fall. It was intoxicating to witness and it was no surprise that the other members would stick around for so long after having a taste.

Mikey was an addiction.

Illumi Anticipated a future he would be involved with should he remain by this star. It looked like a future full of laughter, full of life. But with the brightness of this sun came the darkness that follows. Mikey has many emotions, some of which he feels too strongly, some that shatters him beyond repair. Illumi has no problem of sticking around to glue those pieces back together when they fall apart, it is the uncertainty of wheather Mikey will offer him the same courtesy of falling apart and being put back together. Illumi holds no illusions in the fact that keeping him broken is a far easier task than trying to deal with him whole, yes he may be more full of life complete but he is also seeking freedom from the world, something that wouldn't be so quick to be offered. Freedom meant the possibility of never seeing him again.

Slowly Illumi raised his hand and classed the one offered to him, the skin was rough, filled with years of hard work and brawls in backstreets. Illumi's we're bigger and softer, well maintained despite its owner's more violent nature kept tightly hidden behind a charming facade. His fingers weaved between Mikey's, tight and secure and then he pushed it down releasing his hold and rejecting the offer without words.

"I'm sorry," was all he could say in defense of his actions.