Escape

Getting Draken out of Prison was easy, getting him out of the country on the other hand was hard. Illumi doesn't know what kind of crack Toman are on to be able to lock down an airport but damn they are fucking fast.

The two were dressed down to blend in standing in the checking area of Haneda Airport when swarms of men came in carrying firearms and shouting at people to clear the way. With the lack of uniform and announcements, it was only safe to assume that these were not men of a government occupation.

Illumi made Draken wear a hat and attempted to cover up his tattoo with makeup but only so much could be done to cover the prominent black ink. He himself had ditched his suit and was now wearing some soft grey track pants and an oversized hoodie much like the ones he'd wear in his younger days. He bound his hair in a tight braid, a thing that was for sure to throw Toman off his trail because never in his life was Illumi seen with tied-back hair. It made him seem completely different.

Illumi had organised for a private plane to be their ride so all the two had to do would be to get to the departure grounds. It wasn't too far away but going unnoticed will be hard. Illumi kept a tight grip on Draken as they moved through the crowds of panicking people. His arms wrapped around the other man's in an imitation of a couple devoted to each other, he played the part a little bit too well.

All the stops were pulled out for this storming, the high executives and even leaders were walking through the airport. Sano Manjiro in one of his limited sightings to the public was scowling like no tomorrow, eyeing everyone he brushed past. Illumi hurried his steps dragging Draken along and trying to keep ahead of the Toman leader not wanting to be recognised. Mikey was so immersed in searching everyone within his sight that he couldn't see the faster than necessary moving couple going up the escalator. Of course, a lot of other people were rushing about, especially since there were strange, rough-looking men with guns walking around which was highly illegal, but for the most part, people stayed still not wanting to give the men a reason to shoot them.

Illumi sighed in relief when he got to the departure gates, he was walking across the landing that looked over the first floor from two stories up. He really thought he was in the clear when he heard the inquisitive and knowing voice of Hanma Shuji.

"Hey, Mikey~ ain't that Draken's tattoo, and doesn't Illumi have that exact hoodie?"

In unison, the heads of Toman turned to the third floor where Illumi had paused in his movements from shock. Maybe if he doesn't move they won't be able to see him?

"...get them." Mikey ordered.

"Fuck," Illumi cursed. "Move it, Ken, we gotta go!"

The two shot off running as the chase started up once more. They weaved in between people and tried to avoid getting stuck behind someone. The opening gates for the plane they were to take actually led down a series of steps to the parking bay on the floor outside. Since it was a small jet there was no need for a boarding tunnel. They made quick work of getting out there but unfortunately for them, Toman wasn't too far behind.

The door to the jet was open while parked inside the storeroom, they made haste in boarding it and locking the door egging the pilot to start and get moving. Mikey watched the jet as the rumbling of its engine started up, he knew he had Illumi caught now, the man was right in the palm of his hands.

"Bring it down," Mikey ordered. "But for the love of the almighty do NOT hit them."

Clearly some of the more...new Toman members left their brain cells at home because they decided the best way to stop the jet would be to shoot at it instead of setting off a flare or doing something else to impair its vision in order to get it to land.

Bullets flew through the air in every direction in an attempt to bring down the moving aircraft. Eventually, their attempts seemed to have some impact. A low groaning was heard from the plane and a spark went off before a horrendous 'boom' racketed from the air vehicle. Pieces of metal and shrapnel flew off in every way, scattering like loose change. The plane had gone up in fire, a blazing inferno of flames engulfed the aircraft licking its way from the windows and doors. The engines had exploded obliterating the main body of the plane and subsequently everything inside it.

Due to some lowlife's ego in thinking they knew better to shoot down the plane, the lives of Yato Illumi and Ryuguji Ken were lost in the minds of everyone at that airport that day.

Crouched down behind the wall and leaning against the slumped form of his companion Illumi couldn't help but give a hysterical giggle.

Just how many times is death going to have Illumi slip through their fingers?