Revenge

Takemichi wonders if pain is ever something one can become accustomed to. He wonders if seeing the woman he loves die and be lowered into the ground is something that just gets easier. He hopes it isn't because that means it has happened enough times for him to get used to it...he never wants to get used to it.

Hina's funeral was beautiful like her but such a sad grief-stricken occasion. After the ceremony Naoto broke down understandably, his heart not being able to take the stress and pain of losing his sister once more just after he got her back. To make things even worse the one person he wanted there to comfort him wasn't there, he would be furious if intel from his higher-ups hadn't told him a large gathering of Toman members were seen chasing one man with long hair. Naoto knew that was Illumi, even if detailed descriptions weren't given his gut told him it was Illumi.

How could he be expected to be at Hina's funeral when he's just got out of an ambush attack and is currently being hunted to the very edges of Japan.

Takemichi was sobbing at the necklace Hina's mother gave him, it was the clover charm. It was a physical representation of his love for Hina and yet it can no longer swing from her neck. It lays in a white cloth damaged and covered in soot from the explosion Hina had to endure. It was...agonising to see but he could not turn it away, he could not turn Hina away.

She also softly pushed a photo into his hand, it was a small polaroid in black and white for aesthetic purposes. In the photo were three figures, Hina, Takemichi, and Illumi, all still soft with childhood. Hina was in the middle a bit in front of the other two boys, Takemichi was behind her holding her hand while Illumi's hand settled on his waist pulling the blond into him. Illumi's other hand was over Hina's shoulder as she held his hand to her face and the smiles. Oh, the smiles of carefree adoration ran through the image showing love untainted by the harshness of reality. It was a picture Hina managed to capture only two weeks before Illumi up and vanished. It was one of the last photos anyone had of him that he willingly participated in.

The photo only served to further destroy Takemichi on the inside.

But it also helped fuel his determination to go back in time again to save Hina. And so a new plan was fleshed out with Naoto, this time going back and saving Hina by becoming Toman's top member!

He debated telling Illumi of his ability to time travel, it seemed like in every timeline Illumi is of great interest to Toman so perhaps he is a key figure in changing the future.

Like everything, time will tell.

~

Illumi will fucking kill Mikey, dumbass making him fall from a building and landing in a truck. He just knows his back is going to be in agonising pain for the next few days but it's a far more welcome outcome than staying with the creeping hands of Toman.

His trip to Japan has been a shit show from start to end but it also revealed some rather surprising news, according to some words on the street his once well-cherished friend Draken is serving a life sentence in jail. Illumi had to clean his ears when he heard that. Draken, his Draken the loveable goofy giant who he spends day trips with suddenly ending up with a life sentence? Something wasn't adding up.

He's surprised that he hadn't heard about it sooner but that was probably at the hands of his own gang wanting to distance him from Toman members as much as they could.

Illumi decided that to learn where Toman went wrong he should go to the man who used to be the vice-president.

Connections were everything in the life of crime, money only got you so far, it was the real people who had connections that held the power in the world. And connections Illumi had. He managed to get into the prison Draken was currently being facilitated at and not some flimsy greeting from behind strengthened glass while one sits cuffed.

The prison was cold, expected not just in temperature but atmosphere. Walls of grey stretched on for miles dreary with hostility and void of life. The cafeteria had been cleared out as requested of Illumi and uncuffed while sitting at one of the tables, his back to the door was Ken Ryuguji.

Once dyed blond locks shaped into a single lane of hair on his head and plaited was now completely gone. Draken's once unwavering confident posture was now crumbled and tired, a shell of a boy in a man's body.

Illumi walked to Ken's sitting figures making sure his steps were heard in order to not stress and startle the other man. When he was right behind Draken Illumi placed his hand on his shoulder to which he tensed up, locking his muscles.

Draken didn't know what to think when he was told he'd be having a visitor and so suddenly after he had just met with Takemichi and the Tachibana Detective. The real shock of this meeting was the fact that it wasn't held in the usual meeting room but instead in the cleared-out cafeteria. This whole setup reeked of inside connections.

When Draken heard the footsteps behind him he consciously made an attempt to stay relaxed and unfazed. However, he couldn't help the bunching of his muscles when a hand was laid on his shoulder. He knew that if he turned and saw Kisaki he would do his all to make sure that the bastard died by his bare hands.

The hand was slender and well maintained with polished nails and clean skin. They looked familiar like a vague dream, the giveaway was the shape of the nails, long, strong with sharp shaping into weapons of the body. Those were the hands of a love that's been away for too long.

He whipped around eager to lay eyes on a man who hasn't graced his sight in twelve years.

"Hello, Ken," Illumi smiled down at the other man, radiant and soft. "Long time no see."

"Lumi," Draken breathed, unsure of whether this was a dream his mind made up after seeing one person from his past so suddenly.

"My dear, just what have you gotten yourself into?"