Odds and Ends

Draken hesitantly reached a hand out to press against the lower half of Illumi's stomach needing to touch him in order to finally realise this isn't some cooked-up daze. His hand was large and rough with use and age, of a life that was not wholly kind, but it was gentle, it was conscious of its strength and knew that it had to be careful when handling something as precious as the one before it.

Illumi stayed still, allowing his old friend the time to gather his thoughts and confirm whatever was troubling him behind the glaze of his eyes. He could feel the radiating heat of Draken's hand as it moved from one side of his abdomen to the other, skimming the skin from behind his shirt much like how one glides their hand across water without breaking the surface.

"You're real..." Ken whispered to himself afraid any sudden noises would have Illumi crumbling to dust before his eyes.

"And I'm here."

The prison inmate wasted no more time in pulling Illumi into him from around the waist to where Draken buried his head in his torso while Illumi rubbed a soothing hand up and down the other's back.

"I missed you," Illumi cooed idly, tracing the tattoo on the side of his friend's head. "I only found out recently you were in here, and by recently I mean like three hours ago."

The former blond huffs in amusement, the puff of hot air seeping through the silk material of Illumi's shirt. "I'm just happy you found out at all," He lifted his head to stare up into dark eyes. "I thought I'd die without ever seeing you again. I'm glad you came before my sentence was up."

Illumi stilled at those words, they seemed off to him. Draken has life in prison right? So why would say those words 'before my sentence was up' he has life in prison, his sentence will never be up.

"What...do you mean, Ken?"

"You know," Draken waved his hand nonchalantly before taking it and soothing it down Illumi's side, the dip of his waist and curve of his hip, enjoying his freedom to touch him after all these years. "I'm glad I got to see you before the day of my death row execution."

That was fucking news to Illumi, his hands curled into the material of Draken jumpsuit wrinkling it in rage. Kill? Kill his Draken? Yeah fucking right, not if he had any say in it.

"Do you wish to get out of here?"

"Hmm," Draken contemplated that question, he knew what he did was wrong, that the murder staining his hand was enough to land him in here but he just wished it wasn't on Kisaki's orders. "It's not ideal, I'll admit but what I did was wrong Lumi, I wish I could be with you for the rest of my days but I know my punishment is not unfounded."

"So...if I gave you the choice," Illumi murmured using the tip of his finger to follow the shell of the other man's ear. "To come and live with me you wouldn't take it?"

That gave him pause, his eyes went unfocused thinking of a life with Illumi. He knew that he had a child, Kisaki made sure to come and rub it into his face when he found out, cutting deep with his words 'Illumi's got a child now, funny right Draken? Shame you'll never get to meet them cause when we get Illumi back in Toman and we will it'll be like he's family. We'll even have a child running around. Without you.' but this time it would be him rubbing it in. He'd get to stay with Illumi, he'd get to see him every day and touch him when he wants. He would get to love him up close while Toman can only dream from afar.

"I'd get to be with you?" Draken's voice was meek with hope he wished to not show in case it would be some sick trick being played on him.

"Yes, we'd be together, away from Japan, away from all this." Illumi gently took Draken's face in his hands tilting the man's face up until they were making direct eye contact. "Just say the words Ken and I'll whisk you away."

"...let's go home, Lumi."

Away in another part of the city four hours after Draken and Illumi's meet up one Kisaki Tetta sat with a tired Sano Manjiro and selected executives of the Tokyo Manji Gang. It was an emergency meeting about what went on the night of Illumi Yato's failed capture. They were going over alternative routes on how to take back what was theirs.

During this the phone on Kisaki's desk gave a shrill ring, he gestured to one of the lower standing members to answer the call and put it on speaker. Doing as told, the phone call was picked up and a hoarse voice rang through the room, nervous and more than likely sweating bullets on the other side of the receiver.

"I-is this Kisaki Tetta?"

"And just who is asking?" Kisaki's eyes narrowed while some of the members sat up straighter, intrigued by what goes on in Kisaki's life.

"This is the head guard at Fuchu Prison, I was told to tell you anything regarding a certain inmate. Ryuguji Ken?"

"Yes, spit it out."

"Well uh, he had a visitor today, and is currently no longer in the prison...anymore."

"What?" Kisaki hissed enraged.

"Um, a guard heard him and the visitor speaking, they said and I quote, 'Yes, we'd be together, away from Japan, away from all this. Just say the words Ken and I'll whisk you away.' To which Ryuguji said, 'let's go home, Lumi.' we don't know much about the visitor only that he had high clearance."

A pin could drop in the Toman meeting room and it would be heard.

"Thank you for informing me." Kisaki then waved a hand for the call to be dropped.

Mikey flipped the coffee table over in silent rage, why? Just why does Illumi offer to take Ken-chin? Why not him? Did he do something to him? If he did he's more than willing to make it up to him but all he does is run away never staying close enough for them to work it out.

"Mikey calm down, this is good!" Kisaki smiled wide and excited. "Don't you see, Illumi is good at keeping himself hidden but others? That is a whole different ball game." The acting leader stood up with a skip in his step. "We'll catch them in now time and then,

Yato Illumi will be home and ours."

And by that, he meant his and his alone.