Life or Luxury

After everything that went down at the battle of Valhalla and Toman things have been quiet. Illumi went about his days with minimal contact to the outside world and that did make things rather peaceful. That was until he got a call from Mitsuya, usually he'd be kinda annoyed at anyone from Toman contacting him but he had a select few he had become fond of and was willing to give his free time to.

Apparently the fashionable lavender had been building up the courage for weeks in hoping to ask Illumi if he could take his measurements in order to create something of his own design for the beauty. Highly flattered, Illumi agreed with no strings, with only a half an hour of getting ready he was soon making his way to Mistuya’s neighbourhood. He had brought along Killua and a small essentials bag hoping Mitsuya would be okay with it and well if he wasn't Illumi was more than happy to just leave. He also got a basket of the freshest harvest oranges he could as a home gift.

The walk was nice, with a cool breeze and dry ground. Killua squealed with laughter as Illumi bounced him along in his little front sling, pleased as a cherry berry to be with the one who loved him most. Mitsuya’s place was quaint. It wasn't high end but it also wasn’t a place hidden in the dumps. Low budget but homely.

With how quick Mitsuya answered the door Illumi was inclined to believe that he had been waiting at the door for him. However he too had a little package with him, held in strong arms a little girl peaked curiously at the pretty stranger on her doorstep. A little shuffling had Illumi looking down to where he found another little girl but this only older holding on to the fabric of the older boy’s trousers.

“Ooo mini Mitsuya!” Illumi smiled at the young girl gaining a giggle from her and the one in the boy’s arms. “Well, aren't you just the cutest little things.”

More confident in herself the one by the Toman members legs came out and looked up at the stranger before her with wide curious eyes. She was cute as a button with long hair tied in pigtails and a toothy smile. The one in Mitsuya’s arms tugged to be put down beside her sister in which the two then held hands and looked up at Illumi.

Charmed, Illumi was quick to cradle Killua’s head and kneel down to even ground with the sisters. “My name is Yato Illumi, but just for you all you have to call me is Illumi. What can I call you two?”

Puffing her chest as the older sister pigtails jabbed a thumb at herself, “My name is Luna! I’m seven years old.” She then tugged on her little sister’s can, “C’mon Mana! tell the pretty sister your name.”

“Uhhhh,” Mana had he fist in her mouth. “My name is Mana.” She mumbled.

“Wow, such pretty names!” Illumi praised, completely unaffected, that he was taken for a girl. “But I’m actually a boy.”

“Boy?” Luna gasps comically covering her mouth. “Sorry Illumi-nii, you look like a pretty girl!” Mana was beside her, rapidly nodding her head.

“That's okay, this here,” Illumi gestured to the bundle on his chest. “is my little one, Killua.”

The two girls clamoured to look at the baby awwing at how small he was. Mana was particularly interested in the whiteness of the baby’s hair, comparing it to her own darker locks. Luna was so gentle with cautiously rubbing the tip of her finger against Killua’s dumpling-like cheeks.

“Come now, Luna, Mana, let Lumi in. you’re blocking the door.” Mitsuya called after having his dose of cuteness from the way his sisters interacted with the one person he’s grown to care so deeply about.

Giggling loudly the two move back and watch as their brother softly grabs Illumi’s hand and guides him in before closing the front door. Illumi looked all around at his new surroundings, pictures lined the walls showing various stages of life from the occupants of the house. He could pick out some with the three in front of him but others had an older woman and sometimes an dder man present, Illumi assumed it was their mother and father.

Mitsuya took Illumi to the living room where a small step stool was present in the middle surrounded by a decent amount of fabric and other sewing utensils. Illumi’s heart warmed when he could also see a cot placed off a little to the side but not too far away, Mitsuya had anticipated Killua’s arrival and prepared accordingly. 

Removing Killua from his sling Illumi dropped him down and took a blanket from his essentials bag to cover him with. While he was doing that he beckoned Luna over and handed her the basket of oranges to which she squealed at, apparently both her and Mana loved the sweet treats but didn’t have them that often.

Making sure Killua was settled Illumi then took his place upon the small step and stood stock still as Mitsuya was quickly eager to start work. He first started with plucking at certain articles of clothing Illumi was already wearing and had him remove them. Illumi did so without question until he was left in his white under singlet and his straight legged jeans, without shoes to impede his height.

Mitsuya smoothed his hands along Illumi’s frame from his waist to his hips and thighs. Satisfied with his model he was quick to grab his measuring tape and mapping out the silhouette he would be crafting for. Illumi didn't know if he should make small talk but he was so curious about how Mitsuya became a Toman member.

“How exactly did you end up at Toman, Mitsuya?” Illumi asked while peeping at the little girls who were fawning over his little brother.

“Well,” Mitsuya said, taking the measurement of Illumi’s leg span. “I actually knew Draken first.”

“Really?” Illumi asked, interested.

“Really,” Mitsuya chuckled. “I was out for the day graffitiing some murals on a wall when some bonehead voice interrupted me saying “Hey that's super cool." Of course it was Draken munching obnoxiously on some food.” Mitsuya smiled, recalling the fond memory. “He was asking me what I was drawing and guessing correctly, a dragon. He then offered me some Karubi-don even though I was half terrified that he was a gang member. I was super shocked when he spoke up because I didn't know somebody came even though apparently he had been there the whole time. Bastard laughed at me too.”

Mistuya turned away to write down the measurements before returning to do the other leg. “I took the offer of food, I mean I was hungry and it was free food. He introduced himself to me, he wasn’t known as Draken then, only as Ryuuguji Ken. He always spoke like some big man, comical for someone of his height at that age. Anyways he definitely regretted giving me the food, I hadn't eaten that day so I kinda ate everything without thinking.“

Softly, delicate hands trailed up the side of Illumi’s leg coming to stop at his hips. “As payment for the food, Draken took the dragon logo I had been working on. Draken was easy to become friends with, so chatty and inviting strangers to his home. I was sceptical of course, wondering if I was going to die." The measurement tape came to circle the slim flare above strong thighs. “I was so shocked, Draken lived in the more adult sections. I ended up playing cards against the girls there, cleaning the house out if I do say so myself. They ended up nicknaming me Joker.“

Illumi was invested in the story wholeheartedly, eyes only straying from the gang leader to peek at the children across the room. Making sure they were all okay.

"I was foolish in my early days, didn't see my blessings." Mitsuya said gently, taking the width of shoulders and length of arms. “I had foolishly said I wanted to stay there, that Draken was lucky. One of the girls got mad at my ungreatfulness for the life I had, Draken explained it to me later but well that's his story to tell."

Mitsuya sighs, coming to stand in front of Illumi with a fond smile on his lips. “A few months later I scoured the streets for him until one day my efforts paid off. I vowed to become a Furyo to protect my family and always support Draken.“ Mitsuga gave a chortle before smiling sheepishly, rubbing the right side of his head. “I had uh taken the dragon logo as a tattoo on the side of my temple in my transformation only it was the exact same haircut and tattoo Draken had gotten, even without seeing each other we somehow managed to do that."

Mitsuya’s eyes sparkled at the out spill of giggles Illumi was leaving off. "He told me off, how he already claimed the Dragon. We became the 'Twin Dragons' and since that day, I never stopped following him. Draken introduced me to Mikey and well the rest is history I suppose."

"I see, you two are quite the pair, Mitsuya." Illumi smiled.

"Call me Takashi, I feel like we're close, yeah?” Takashi searches the other's eyes for something, not even sure what he wants to find.

"Takashi, then.” Illumi's smile haunts the dreams of Mitsuya forever more.