Reality

"Mei...I need a favour."

"Sure, whatcha need sugar tits?"

Mei Sasako was an old and extremely loyal friend to Illumi. They have known each other since childhood and hold no secrets between each other. Mei was enraptured by Illumi's strong character and willingness to not lie down the path that was set for him. She grew and forged herself to be a weapon for him, to be something he can turn to and reveal himself while not worrying of pity and disgust. She became his tool.

She knew she was not worthy enough to save him physically, that she could never hope to be on the level of his poweress so she turned to intelligence. She turned her brain into a network of information, of secrets, and whispered words. It was easy for her to pry hidden motives from people and hide the bloodied footsteps of her emperor. She turned her honeyed words to dripping poison and got everything her superior desired.

She loved him dearly, he was essentially her reason to keep pushing in the spiral of pressure they call life. He offered her a hand when others spit on her fallen figure, he became her thread of survival. She did not know if it was platonic or romantic but she knew she would offer him anything he ever wished.

"I need you to cover up." Illumi asked her over the phone, his voice void and emotionless.

"Anything for you, just send me the address lovely."

"Thank you," his voice lightened. "I can always count on you."

"Always, my love."

And like that the call ended. She did not fret knowing after this he will come to her and spend some days together. Illumi, once done with that call, picked another contact to ring.

"Hello? Lumi?"

"...Mikey?" Illumi murmured, voice low and eyes shifty.

"Yes, you okay Lumi? You don't sound okay." Mikey was concerned about the attitude of his friend.

"Can I- Can I come to your house? Please?"

"Aren't you in the hospital?"

"No," Illumi shook his head even though the other couldn't see him. "I was discharged today."

"Oh, yeah no problem, want me to come pick you up? Ken-chin is here too."

"Not just an address...I can get there myself."

"Okay... it's-" Mikey proceeds to rattle off his address, his worry growing stronger.

Was going to the blond's home covered in blood a good idea? Probably not but with his parents at home he couldn't go there and Mei is going to be too busy dealing with his mess to host him. The delinquent was the best option.

The walk there wasn't that long but it did have its stops as he tried to stay away from the public eye don't he cause a scene. Mikey lived in a humble area with basic Japanese houses and a quiet neighbourhood. He lived a little off to the side in a garage beside another house, one he assumes is the main house.

Illumi still strayed from the lit streets when he approached the garage, he knew this was where he was supposed to go because Manjiro made it very clear in his text, 'go to the garage not the house' plus the light streaming from the windows told Illumi someone was inside.

When in front of the door he raised his hand but was hesitant to knock, he eventually gave in however when he could feel the drying blood on his shirt sticking to his skin and the flecks crusting on his face. So he knocked and waited as the sound of rushing inside became loud and a crash from inside made his lips twitch upwards.

The door was wrenched open by a glowing Mikey with smiles like sunshine. "Lu....mi?" the words trailed off as the dark eyes took in the picture before him. There stood the boy that's been on his mind for weeks, he's so used to the sassy stances and mocking smiles that the hunched figure and cagey eyes threw him off.

Mikey looked at his friend on his doorstep, he had hunched shoulders and his hands stuffed in his pockets. That itself was a bit off but the dark red on his face splattered across ethereal features was what really had alarm bells going off in Mikey's head.

"Hey Mikey, uh can I crash here for the night?"

"Yeah but Illumi what on earth happened, you've blood on your face!"

Mikey took the boy's wrist and yanked him into his living area. He shut the door and took the other's face in his hands turning it side to side to see all that's on it.

"Mikey, is Lumi here yet?" a deeper voice called out from a different room.

"Yeah with his face covered in blood." Mikey shouts back.

Within seconds Draken rounds the corner and rushes to the other two. Much like Mikey he inspected a quiet Illumi's face only he caught the face that the blood seemed to trail down his neck and disappear under the hoodie he was wearing.

"Lumi...take off your hoodie." Draken demanded.

Illumi looked to the side avoiding eyes as he didn't speak.

"Lumi, take off your hoodie."

Knowing it was his own fault because he chose to go here Illumi sullenly retracted his hands into the hoodie from his sleeves and into the main torso area of the hoodie. He then pulled his head in before starting to lift it from his body.

Mikey and Draken took in a sharp breath with wide eyes as they watched the revealing clothes show dark areas of crimson appear on the baby blue long-sleeved shirt.

Mikey was quick to flutter his hands against Illumi's clothed skin trying to find a non-existent wound. Draken wasn't too far behind him in yanking the shirt up exposing milky skin stained light red. They searched frantically for a stab, a bullet wound, anything that would cause this much blood on a person but when they found nothing they looked to Illumi with questioning eyes.

"Someone...got handsy in an alley so...I ripped out their throat."

Normally when one person hears of the one in front of them committing murder they tend to panic or be scared with them not even delinquents were immune to this but all Mikey and Draken could feel was rage at the audacity of this person who thought they could lay their sullied hands on their Illumi. They wanted to hunt down this person and sever them limb from limb, skin them till all they can show is their torn-up muscle. They wanted them to suffer beyond repair for touching something that could never be theirs.

More settled now that it was known that Illumi was not physically injured Draken soothed his hands up and down bare sides and dragged the bloodied boy into a hug.

"Okay Lumi, how about you have a shower yeah? Some of my spare clothes are here, you can wear them."

"C'mon Lumi," Mikey beckoned the boy into his hold and led him down the hall. "Bathrooms this way, let's get you cleaned up."

It was a twist in their story, in Mikey and Draken's morals but they knew just then that they would do anything for that boy. That they would hunt and kill any offender of his. That they would craft any alibi he wishes all to keep him safe. They wanted a peaceful era for delinquents and they still plan to make that a reality but if that reality needs to be built on bloodshed to keep Illumi safe then that is just a simple price to pay.