Trust and boundaries

Chifuyu stayed unconscious for ten hours sleeping through Killua’s feeding cries and Illumi’s pottering around. The blond came to with a startled gasp and a shooting up motion which left him choking on a pained grunt alerting Illumi of his patient’s awakening. 

Illumi gathered some medical supplies and headed to his room. Chifuyu on the other hand was panicking. This was not his room nor his house. Where the fuck was he? Last he knew he was getting the shit beat out of him by Baji being a badass as usual. Now he was waking up in a strange new place with nothing on him to defend himself and covered in wounds even if they were well patched up. 

The turning of a doorknob caught his attention draining the panic from his instincts as the readiness to fight kicked in. He raised his hands, fists balled into tight and tense for a punch. Image his relifef when he saw Illumi walking in with a med kit and a tray. Ever so lovely Illumi with his hair unbound around him and dressed in soft clothes, a warm sweater with high waisted slacks made from swishy material. 

“Chifuyu, you’re up.” Illumi stated with a smile blooming on his face even when his eyebrows were tensed in concern for the child before him.

“A-ah Illumi!” The blond brightened beyond compare. “Not that I’m complaining but um…where am I and how did I get here?”

“Hmm,” Illumi hummed as he set down the medical equipment on the bedside table and came to sit at Chifuyu’s side on the bed. “Well after getting your face beat in by Keisuke,” at this Illumi shot him a rather undisingusihable look. “I picked you up and brought you back to my place, I planned on asking Keisuke for your address but he was gone by the time the cult initiation was done.”

“...right,” Chifuyu said with sweat beading at his temples. “Thank you though, my Okaa-san would probably freak out if she saw me.”

“Mm, I’m sure she would, now let me redo your bandages.” So the two sat in silence as Illumi worked on getting rid of the blood soaked gauze. He took a face cloth and warm water to clean any other dried blood up then disinfected the wounds. Once everything looked good he re-patched up the wounds and made sure they were secure with medical tape. 

“I need you to be very honest with me Chifuyu, I only took care of the wounds I could see without disturbing your clothes because I would never put you in a more vulnerable position when you were conscious,” Deep black eyes stared into baby blue with all the seriousness in the world. “But I need you to tell me if you’re hurt anywhere else, it could be serious and I’m worried that I’ve already let them go untreated for so long but without your explicit permission I would not touch you anywhere but your face. If you feel uncomfortable with me treating more intimate wounds I can take you to a hospital or I can call a doctor to come and treat you here but we need to get you looked at.” 

Chifuyu’s eyes widen, “No, no it-its okay, no need to call someone or bring me to the hospital, I’m sure you can do it if you don’t mind. I don’t think I’ve got any other wounds but checking is probably for the best.”

With the permission given, Illumi helped Chifuyu sit up a bit better on the bed then turned his head away as he helped the younger boy remove his shirt, he wanted the blond to feel as comfortable as possible, this could be distressing for him.

When given the all clear to turn around Illumi did so slowly and took his time to make sure there was no abrasions visible. When he came across a bruise he gently probed around it to make sure there was no broken bone beneath it. It took a good ten minutes to fully go over Chifuyu’s torso. The blond was patient and kept quite while Illumi worked, his face did take on a pink hue but he otherwise seemed unbothered as the older boy worked. There were only superficial scrapes which Illumi disinfected and patched up but for the most part, Chifuyu got out pretty unscattered everywhere else other than his face. 

Illumi was reluctant to examine the lower half but knew that it could result in serious problems if everything wasn’t looked over, like imagine there was a deep enough cut that got infected and went sepsis, it Chifuyu died becuase Illumi was out of his comfort zone with caring for him he’d never forgive himself. 

He once again turned his head away as he let Chifuyu guide his hands in order to help the boy in revmoving the bottom half of the jumpsuit enbriodered with Toman name and ideology. Once that was done Illumi checked over the boy’s legs noting that they seemed to be fine and that any pressure didn’t seem to garner any pain response. There was no odd shaping so the probability of a broken bone was low. 

“Do uh-” Illumi drifted his eyes to stare at the ceiling as embarrassment flooded his entire being. He knows he’s usual confident and unshakable but some things are still mortifying to discuss. “Is there any pain in the area above your thighs?… I won’t treat anything if there is but I really will have to take you to the hospital if there is.”

Chifuyu didn’t respond for a few seconds pratically manrinating in his own mortification. The fact that he has to go through this with someone he’s grown to like and respect. 

“Chifuyu?”

“Ah,” He stuttered. “No I-I’m okay, no pain…there.”

“Okay then,” Illumi bobbed his head in relief. “That’s good, um, I’ll head back out and get you something to drink, some medicine and something to eat. Anything in particular you want?”

“I won’t say no to Peyoung Yakisoba,” Chifuyu said with a cheeky grin. 

Illumi left shaking his head fondly, the kitchen was quiet with Killua snoozing away, there were a few packs of instant Peyoung Yakisoba in the cupboard so Illumi got one out and started to get it cooking. While that was happening he got some ibuprofen out and poured a large glass of water. He brought that into Chifuyu instructing the boy not to take the medication until he was after eating something and left the room again to the sound of a shouted ‘thanks’. 

Killua woke just when the food was done so Illumi made the baby a bottle and scouped him up into his arms and he took the food and bottle into Chifuyu who was surprised at little Killua showing up. He of course knew of the baby, having been there when they were first introduced, he’s gotta admit Killua was super cute and the way Illumi doted on him was adorable.

As Chifuyu ate his Peyoung Yakisoba, Illumi fed a content Killua his bottle. It was a quite atmosphere with the two boys talking gently about how they were and whats been going on. Chifuyu confided in Illumi on his belief that Baji is in Valhalla to expose Kisaki Tetta. It took Illumi a few second to remember who exactly that was when he remembered the boy who felt framilair but he couldn’t remember where from. Illumi nodded along to the blond’s theory not super invested cause it realistically wasn’t his problem. He wasn’t in any of these gangs and had no part in what went on in them. He only has a connection to them through Takemichi, even the friends he’s made because of them aren’t that close. It might be cruel but its true, Mizo Middle are the only people outside of Killua who Illumi really holds close to his heart, they were the ones who saw him at his lowest breaking point and took him in. They gave him freedom and a friendship he will always hold above others.

Mizo Middle are his saviours. 

Around five in the evening, Chifuyu says he better head home to tell his mother where he was. Illumi gave him some medical supplies and told him how to clean and bandage his wounds, he then gave him his number to call him if he needs any help. Chifuyu left grateful and thanking Illumi.

Illumi cleaned up around the house and replaced his bedsheets after putting the old ones into the wash. It was about half six when he was ready to sit down for the evening and relax, Yuri had come by earlier more than happy to spend time with Killua who he dubbed ‘his little grandbaby’ only he got a call from a certain blond that loves to drag him into shit. 

Takemichi was still walking around in his uniform when he was talking to Chifuyu. He was told about Baji not betraying Toman but being an inside man instead. So just like always when told boggling information Takemichi called his beloved friend and just like always, Illumi came.