Pretty Present

Takemichi had left after a bit but Illumi stayed at Draken's request for help. Turns out it was a certain blond's birthday and Draken asked if Illumi would give his opinion on what Draken wanted to get for her. Illumi obliged, following the gang member around on the hunt for the perfect gift. That gift happened to be this cute teddy bear that sparked an idea for what Illumi would get Emma.

He dragged Draken to this tiny hole in the wall that once inside was a real old time workshop. The walls were lined with handmade leather goods, from belts to bags to jackets. It was a tiny shop, you had to squeeze past the workstations to get to a back room.

"Kenzo? Kenzo!" Illumi called out then cursed as his hip clipped a work beach. “Kenzo you better not be asleep!"

A crash in the back, "Fuc- What?! What do you want, you little brat?" A rather gruff and haggard man appeared.

"Ehh?!" Illumi made his way to the man. ”Is that any way to treat a customer?”

Kenzo snorted. "You? A customer? If that's the case then which sad sod did you bleed dry of cash?”

Smiling smugly, Illumi dragged Draken until the other boy was standing right beside him. He then waved jazz hands around the blond like he was some shiny sales deal.

"This sad sod if you must know,” Illumi said matter of factly. “Believe it or not Kenzo but some people genuinely like me.”

"Shocker," Kenzo said sarcastically before lifting a hand scratch to the back of his head. “What did you come here for?”

"I was wondering…" Illumi trailed off as he placed his hand on a dusty workstation and then quickly lifted it in disgust as it transferred to his skin. Making quick work he rubbed it off on Draken subtly. "if you by chance had those pink leather jackets for the breast cancer campaign raiser? I want two in different sizes."

"Eh?" Kenzie scratched his head. "That was months ago!"

Illumi sighed and tapped his foot, "Do you have them or not?"

Kenzo gave a death glare but still asked as he moved to the back room, "What sizes?"

"Small and then like a newborn size? It's got to fit a teddy bear."

"Teddy bear?" Kenzo snorted to himself but left.

"Sooo a leather jacket? For Emma I'm guessing," Draken hummed.

"Yep," Illumi popped the 'p'. "I think she'd like them, y'know be part of the gang somehow?"

"And I'm paying?" Draken said, amused.

"Well you're the one who wanted to as you say 'provide for me'" Illumi teased.

"And I'll be happy to," Draken mumbled fondly watching the other boy and the way his eyes flitted around the shop looking at anything that caught his interest.

"Now!" Kenzo said loudly announcing himself. "Here we go."

He was carrying two pink jackets in clear plastic covering.

"This is the small," Kenzo held out the jacket. Illumi took it then held it up against himself. It was clearly too small but he was only checking the difference in shoulder width to help him choose the size. He hummed and hawed before sticking the jacket up against Draken. The jacket was like a toy's up against the boy, Illumi eyed it critically, "It might be a small bit big but hopefully she'll grow into it.”

He put it back and looked at the smaller one critically and mumbled "It'll do.”

He placed them down, "How much?"