Rechange

3rd of August, 2005

So Illumi decided to go to the festival in the end however he went later in the evening and didn't tell anyone that he was going. If he ran into some he ran into some simple as. The whole palace was lit up and full of happy people as they went from place to place enjoying the company of those they brought with them.

Illumi was walking down the stalls when he heard a hacking cough come from the alleyway. Without thinking much he bought a bottle of water and headed in that direction. There was a tall boy, like damn bitch what are you eating tall, leaning against the wall as he tried to muffle his coughs with the back of his hand. Illumi walked up to him gently and placed the cold bottle against his side, startling the boy.

"Huh? What's this?" The boy looked half disoriented.

"Water, you looked like you could use some." Illumi probed the boy to take the bottle.

"Thanks..."

With the boy now drinking Illumi took time to observe them. He was as he thought earlier tall, with black hair and a dyed parting of blond at the front. He had intense purple eyes that gave off a mad-looking glint.

"Do I get a name from my carer?" The boy teased Illumi once he had his fill and was no longer coughing.

"Yato Illumi, call me Illumi."

"Oh?" a look of recognition entered the boy's eyes, one that had Illumi questioning how he would know him. He's never seen this stranger before in his life.

"And you mister coughing out a lung? You got a name?"

"Hanma Shuji, you can call me Shu, babe." the lanky boy grinned like he just performed some amazing feat.

"I'm good with Hanma...thanks." Illumi declined. "Nice tattoos though," He complimented after getting a look at the backs of the boy's hands. "Reminds me that I want to get one."

"Really? I can give you the place where I got mine done." Hanma offered.

"Eh really? Nice man, thanks." Illumi smiled at Hanma.

"So you by yourself here?" Hanma asked as he knocked his head back on to the wall and slid down till he was sitting on the floor.

"Yeah, my friends are floating about somewhere out there but haven't seen them yet." Illumi waved his hand to the entrance of the alley. "You?"

"Hmm I guess you could say a few people I know are milling about." His smile was sly like he was in on a particularly funny secret.

"I see," They just sat in silence for a few minutes listening to the laughs of passerbys. It wasn't long before drops started to fall from the darkened sky, cold and soft at first they soon started to pick up in their descent. Hanma and Illumi sat on the floor side by side under the falling rain. Illumi radiated heat as ever so slightly Hanma moved closer to the nearest heat source. Soon enough they two boys were pressed right up against each other Hanma swamping Illumi's slighter frame.

Their moment was peaceful and Hanma can't remember the last time he felt so calm. Of course that had to be ruined however by a phone ringing. It wasn't Illumi's phone so Hanma fished his out from his pocket all the while cursing both the caller and the heavens.

"What?!" Hanma demanded as Illumi looked at him out of the corner of his eyes due to the attitude change. "Right....okay, yeah. I'm coming." He hung up after that and reluctantly stood before taking Illumi's arm and pulling him up as well.

"I've got to go, you should head out of the rain too so you don't catch a cold." Hanma advised as he started to back out of the alleyway.

"Right...stay safe" Illumi said to Hanma as he left.