My Fam

"You spend a lot of time here," A soft voice came through the room.

"It's the only time I’ve seen him peaceful," Illumi turned to see Mrs.Baji entering the doorway. She was carrying some flowers and a little plushy cat. " I gotta see it now 'cause when he wakes it's back to that feral smile."

He got a shaky, watery smile.

"Any news from the doctors?"

The woman sighed with deep bags under her eyes, "His brain activity is picking up but they can never say for sure. Even if he wakes there could be lasting damage."

Illumi was quiet, "When. When he wakes up. Keisuke is a fighter. "

The older woman stifled a sob, "Of course, dear. When."

Illumi left not long after, he was to meet up with Draken and Takemichi for reasons unknown to him. He spent at least a half hour each visit he paid to Keisuke. After arriving at the hospital surgery went underway which was successful but had some side effects. The major blood loss left the teen in a coma as the body tried to heal and the mind recovered.

Kazutora was sentenced to jail and tried as an adult. However, since Baji ended up living it was classed as 'attempted murder' and got a reduced sentence of eight years.

Illumi waited on a side street close to the flower district, he was glad he left Killua back home, this was no place for a child. His eyes wandered around perhaps too much as he didn't see a man come stumbling over to him, a glass of amber liquid sloshing in his grip.

"Hey! H- Hey!" The man slurred. "How -hiccup- how much for you?"

Illumi's lip curled in disgust. “You wouldn't be able to afford me."

"Wha -" The stranger gaped. He swayed forward, ”I could too you bitch!" he threw his glass that showered Illumi in cheap smelling alcohol.

"You lousy cunt!" Illumi hissed. He threw the first punch which grew to two, then three, then four, each hit landing until eventually all that was left to be seen was a smudged up face caved in. He stood over the pathetic excuse of a human picking his sticky clothes away from his body. The rage he felt was unfathomable, practically apocalyptic.

Fortunately for everyone else on the street this was the time Draken and Takemichi arrived. When the vice president saw Illumi standing over a heavily injured man while his clothes were wet he almost felt dizzy with the murderous intent that raced through him. How dare someone sully Illumi's glorious self.

Draken quickly took off his hoodie and came to Illumi's side handing it over without a second thought.

"Thank you, Ken." Illumi peeled his shirt off, uncaring of who sees, giving Draken a heart attack as the blond rushed to cover him as Illumi put on the hoodie still grumbling about the piece of shit on the ground. “So what did you call me out here for?"

"We're heading to my place." Draken said while taking Illumi's arm and gently guiding him, nodding his head at Takemichi to follow.

"Huh? we're going to your place, Draken?" Takemichi said in surprise.

"Yeah," Draken fixed the hood of the jacket Illumi was wearing. "It's close by, so come with me."

"Close by?" Takemichi murmured to himself. "But we're right smack in the middle of Shibuya.“

Draken took them through street after street, alley after alley until they came before a highrise complex towering over them.

"What?! You live here, Draken?" Takemichi was over excited having only grown up in the quieter suburbs.