Resist

July 4th, 2017

Takemichi did not expect to awaken again in the year 2017 after shaking Naoto Tachibana's hand in a desolate park but here he was in a hospital with one grown Naoto telling him that what he thought was a dream was actually real and he changed the future with his little trounce through time. Naoto asked for his help, saying he could save Tachibana Hinata and how could he say no.

~

Illumi hates this, these stupid fighting rings. After the beating from the third years the four boys have been subjected to being the slaves or dogs of the overgrown brutes. Illumi wanted to show them a piece of his mind and give them a lesson on what happens when you mess with his friends but fucking Mr. Nirai keeps keeping him back and making him miss stuff with his friends he drew the line however the day he found Takemichi at the fighting ring area horrifically beat nearly halfway to death. Before he could get to his friend, Takemichi shot off in another direction looking like a man on a mission and Illumi reserved himself to help the boy take care of his injuries tomorrow instead.

The next day at school the gang found Takemichi walking the hallways and with a brisk stride Takuya called out to him.

"Takemichi! Why'd you lose to that guy? That just ain't like you."

"Takuya..." Takemichi murmured.

"Oi," Akkun called for them all to get in, it was one of the bathrooms that they used quite often. "Everyone get together."

"We'll be doing an underground fight again today, Kiyomasa just called me," Akkun said. "And he said the fighter today is Takuya."

"I see..." Takuya said.

"Damnit!" Illumi hissed through gritted teeth. "Let me talk to him, Akkun. He'll either change his mind or I'll split his skull."

"But that's impossible for Takuya!" Yamagishi and Makoto exclaimed. "He ain't any good at fighting."

"You tell that to Kiyomasa," Akkun shot back. "And you can't even be there, Mr. Nirai has called for you to stay back again, remember?"

"I'm gonna murder him," Illumi swore. "I'm gonna stick a knife in his skull, keepin' me back and makin' me miss helping my friends."

Illumi made his way to stand beside Takuya and slung an arm over his thin shoulder, delicate and easily breakable yet the ones that have to go and enter a fight after school.

"I'll be right there as soon as I can," Illumi promised the blond boy. "I'll come for you Takuya, I promise."

The blond only gave a beautiful but pained closed-eye smile that made Illumi's heart hurt.

The day drew to a close and Illumi's friends had already left. He was forced to wait as Mr. Nirai was talking to another teacher. Ten minutes passed and neither looked like they would be done soon. Illumi was getting a seriously bad feeling right now, not unlike the one he had a few days ago when all of his friends were beaten nine ways to hell. Another few minutes passed before Illumi said fuck it and left the school.

What awaited him made a fury burn brightly.

There below in the rink barely standing on his own two feet was Takemichi instead of the expected Takuya. A man more than a boy was throwing punches at the clearly weaker boy not holding back.

"I said that's enough!" Takuya screamed at his friends in the ring.

"You're seriously going to die!" Akkun yelled in fear.

"I ain't giving up!" Takemichi yelled. "I have a reason to not give up! The Tokyo Manji gang, Kiyomasa. The only way you'll win is by killing me." he gave a feral grin. "I absolutely ain't gonna lose."