Rebuild

"...yeah, son."

"I-I didn't know you were married Illumi." Naoto said on the edge of cardiac arrest. 'Son? SON? When on earth did he get a son? Is there more than one? Is the mother still around? What if they're not? What IF Illumi's been raising a kid all by himself this whole time, struggling and dealing with such stress. He should have reached, I would have gladly offered help....and marriage.'

"What?" Illumi said, turning to look at the detective. "I'm not married."

"Girlfriend?" Hina quickly jumped in.

"No..."

"Boyfriend?" Takemichi tried.

"Also no."

The four stood just staring at each other.

"...one night stan-"

"Okay that's it, you guys wanna know my sex life now?" Illumi scoffed. "I know we're close but not that close. Look, all you need to know is that Killua is my son okay?"

"Okay, sorry, sorry." Hina apologised which set off the other two boys. "Is it just Killua? How old is he?"

Illumi looped his arm with her as he started to make his way out of the apartment. The two others following behind. "I actually have two children, my lovely Killua and Kalluto. Killua is twelve this year and Kalluto is ten. My time flies so fast."

"Oh, that's adorable, the same mother?"

Both Naoto and Takemichi were behind the two with big ears making sure they didn't miss a single word.

"Yes, same mother, however, they don't look anything alike! Killua's got platinum blond hair with blue eyes but Kalluto looks a lot like me, same dark hair but his eyes are a bit lighter."

"Any pictures?" Hina inquired curious about what the children looked like.

"Not one me...next time I visit I'll bring them with me. You'll love them Hina."

"I'm sure I will especially if they're anything like their father~"

The car ride was just a dead silence as the apartment was. Naoto and Illumi sat upfront while Hina and Takemichi sat in the back together. Illumi all but body checked Takemichi from taking shotgun he was not about to be in the back with all that awkward tension.

Honestly, the two should just talk to one another, they're making things awkward for everyone involved.

"Hey stop the car!" Hina suddenly shouted, startling everyone in the car.

"What is it...?" Naoto asked his sister.

"Want to walk with me Takemichi-kun?"

With that, the two left the car with Naoto and Illumi watching their retreating backs. They both turned to each other not knowing what to do now.

"Food?" Illumi proposed.

"Food." Naoto agreed and with childlike grins, they parked the car and shot off into streets where vendor food was selling. Naoto got some ramen while Illumi opted for his classic choice of spicy noodles with some fried chicken. They chatted, laughed, and were overall just having a far better time than poor Hina and Takemichi.

"Wa-wait," Illumi wheezed. "S-so he sprayed pepper spray complained about some getting on his fingers then rubbed his eyes?!"

"I know! Like honestly we're all worried for Yuji's mental health."

"God, Naoto I haven't laughed like this in ages," He turned to the younger boy with a soft and fond smile. "Thanks for this."

"Hey, anytime. In fact, all the time if you stay here with me~"

"Pfft- charmer."

Naoto was smiling but his heart hurt at the brushing off of his offer, he truly did wish Illumi would stay here in Japan by his side but they're two sides of the same coin. He's a detective and Illumi's a gang boss. In theory, it could work but all it takes is one slip for everything to fall through. Is Naoto willing to go through with it, however? Absolutely, no question. But the Tokyo Manji gang is ruthless and obsessed with finding Illumi. They've got this weird need to drag the boy back to Japan and integrate him into the gang once again. And it's not just one member, it's not just the head ordering all the minions, it's a serious goal all throughout the gang, from foot soldiers to executives all the way to Sano Manjiro and Kisaki Tetta themselves.

Illumi was right in all regards in being careful of his locations and who knows where he is when he sets foot in Japan, the man is constantly being hunted down.

"Hey, Naoto, I'm heading to the restroom okay? Be right back!"

The dirt path was dusty and well walked. Illumi made haste not wanting to keep Naoto waiting. As he went by a tall man dressed in a suit passed him by. His hair was cool, base black with blond spread throughout it in sections. He had circle glasses and an elegant demeanor. Illumi gave him a nod as he passed.

"Illumi?"

He stopped in his tracks wary, he didn't like the feeling he was getting with this stranger knowing his name. "I'm sorry, I think you might have the wrong person." He never turned his back, he knew it was a weak deflection, but if this person guessed him straight out knowing his name no lie would be able to cover it.

"Oh...I see, my apologies." the sound of footsteps was heard behind him as the stranger left.

Illumi hurried to the bathroom and was quick to do what was needed then leave, as in leave Japan. If his feeling was right that man must have some connection to the Tokyo Manji gang and that meant danger for Illumi. He needed to be gone and right now. His mind whirled trying to remember if he knew the man or if they were truly a new face that knew his. His memories spluttered after he recognised the tattoo the man had on the back of his hands. That was the one and only Hanma Shuji, Kisaki's right-hand man and more than likely already after alerting everyone of his appearance.

Away just a few feet from the bathroom stood a well-dressed man with a phone in his hand as toxic purple eyes stayed trained on the entrance door to the restroom.

"Hello?" A voice came over the phone.

"Guess who I found~" Hanma cooed. "Our lovely lost lamb."