daybreak

CW- strong language, explaining Quackity's backstory, cigarettes, talk about manipulation. (i made up Quackity's backstory, so anything i mention is not canon, btw c!Wilbur is canonically bisexual, but throughout this fan fiction i will respect the content creators boundaries so therefore i will not be writing smut.)

the day of the war.
the day of the fight.
i don't know if you could really call it a war but boy it's a fight. they had to meet on a large field at day break, perfect. that was always Quackitys favourite time of the day, he felt more powerful at that time, advantages, advantages.

"Quackity, Quackity!" Sam shouted, whilst Quackity quickly jumped out of his trance.

"what?" Quackity wiped his eyes, yawning.

"you have 4 hours, literally. i'd start getting yourself awake. i've made you coffee." Sam says softly whilst placing the mug down, it wasn't Quackity's favourite mug since he smashed his mug.

Quackity nodded with a smile, stress is what he's living with, coffee and anger is what he's living off of.

"by the way, i forgot to tell you but the Egg crew will be early today, they don't want to miss the fight, Quackity are you sure you want to do this?" Sam asked, concerned for the smaller man sitting down.

"there's no backing out now, and i'll be fine, i have Sapnap and Karl on my side- no offence but Karl will probably forget to come." Quackity sighs, "shit"

Sam held a conversation about staying hydrated and staying full, until he left the office to go and check on everyone.

two words circulated all around Quackity's mind, two words ran down his veins, two words tormented him. "day break".

day break has its pro's but also it's con's. everyone will be tired, Dream loves to pick and choose.

Quackity's one escape was one thing, smoking. he never really liked the taste of alcohol, he hated the smell and the side affects since the relationship with Schlatt, so he never chose alcohol, he'd rather his lungs crisp up with black crust and dirt.

Quackity couldn't bare to sit alone anymore, he wants to leave the room- Quackity gets up, pacing around the light room full with lanterns and bookshelves, the lights blinding his eyes as if you were looking at the sun.

punching the wall, Quackity left his office, going down to the fountain that sat in the middle of Las Nevadas. god knows how long Quackity was there for, it felt like hours, but no- it was only about 15 minutes.

he kept thinking about "day break." day break was coming soon, and so was death.

his destined death,
as Quackity reminisced about the times where all he would swim around with the fish, but he was alone.

Quackity's life has been so sad, why? i'll explain.

Quackity. "the casino boy". his parents were never around, hell he didn't have any. one day he just woke up, he thinks he still had a life as a duck, and somehow he just turned part human. but that's beside the point, he always took liking to things that were dangerous, he was- a dare devil. but something always feels off to him, he wasn't cared for, he didn't even know if anyone else existed, he was alone, but he hates talking about how he was alone, he would have to do everything alone, figure things on his own. and oh boy, he found out things the hard way. we all know Quackity is part duck, but- he can't fly with his wings very well, maybe they're too small, maybe they're to weak, or- maybe, maybe something happened. when Quackity was only young, well- Quackity doesnt really think he appeared with an age, but- when he was young, he was travelling around, he would always dream of going back to the water, living life with his duck family, he would daydream, sometimes he would hallucinate. but one day, one glorious day, he was walking around, finding food, until he saw something in the distance, it was the ocean. this was his chance to get back to his life, to get back to something that he's always dreamt of, so what does he do? he runs, runs as fast as he could to the ocean, jumping in. but the poor boy was only a child, only a small child, Quackity is 5'8, so around this time he'd be 5'2 or something, he was swimming, until a tide came, pushing him under water as fish surrounded him, he tried to use his wings to push through the water, but- he was unlucky. his wing got caught on seaweed, the seaweed wrapping around his wing, pulling his wing, hurting him in ways he couldn't describe to this day, his wing nearly getting ripped out of his back, his other wing is practically useless at this point, he couldn't handle the pain, water filled his lungs, and he passed out. he woke up, thriving in pain, but he wasn't on land, he was underneath water- far down. as he swam up, he gasped for air, he could see into the distance, his wing bleeding, throbbing and swelling, until he realised, he can live on this island- well- i mean that's how Quackity got here.

Quackity shook his head, "fucking bitch."
he cursed at himself, turning around as someone stood there.

"everyone is ready to get going, are you?" Foolish asked as he stood with pride.

"mhm, i'll be a bit late though, Dream won't start the fight until i'm there." Quackity gulped.

"late? really? Q, this is life or death." Foolish sighed.

"i know. i'm sorry to disappoint you but you won't be the one getting hurt in this situation, now go and take them to the field, the coords will be sent to each one of yours communicator." Quackity bit the inside of his mouth.

"okay.. i'll see you later then Q." Foolish said whilst walking to the big hotel everyone was getting ready in.

Quackity turned his head to the Las Nevadas sign, his anger calmed as he remembered the way Wilbur would stand there, waiting for him to walk up so they could have a conversation. the conversations wouldn't be nice, but they still brought romantic tension to the two's relationship.

Quackity laughed at how pathetic he was to fall for Wilbur.

10 minutes. the Las Nevadas side was already there, waiting on Quackity.

5 minutes. they could see Dream's side in the distance, not many people, not at all, but they're powerful.

4 minutes. they're getting closer, still no Quackity.

3 minutes. they're not far, where the fuck is Quackity?!

2 minutes. they can hear the opposite sides footsteps. Quackity hasn't shown up.

1 minute. the rival sides were face to face, where is he??

5 minutes late, it's getting pathetic.

"don't tell me he backed out." Dream laughed in a mocking tone, his side consists of ; Philza, Technoblade, George and Wilbur.

not many people, but they're strong.

"no, he wouldn't." Foolish spoke out.

10 minutes late, oh my fucking god-
a loud screaking noise came from behind Tommy who was at the back of the crowd, like someone was sharpening a sword. Tommy turned around "Q!"

the crowd parted so Quackity could walk to the front, Quackity taking the opportunity to do so.

"Quackity." Dream nodded.

"dog shit." Quackity nodded again, referring to Dream.

Wilbur looked at Quackity, Quackity had a smile on his face, like he's ready to meet death and death is ready to meet him, he looks crazy, crazy hot.

Quackity avoided looking at Wilbur, "let's start, hm?"

Dream nodded, that was a sign on everybody taking there weapons out. who did Dream immediately go for- and he's speaking again.

"Ranboo," Dream smiled.

Ranboo looked down, i mean Ranboo could be a skyscraper if he wanted to be.

"how about you join us? they're not good for you, hey, you've got more of your friends on my side." Dream chuckled.

you could see Ranboo was thinking about the offer, hesitating to answer, he was going to, before Quackity answered for him.

"i don't know what kind of bitch you are, i mean you're the whole definition, but, he's just a kid, all the people you manipulate and use are kids, that's kind of weird man. are you not strong enough to do shit yourself? that's pathetic." Quackity laughed.

you could tell Wilbur was having a hard time keeping in his laugh.

"that's absurd." Dream answered.

"let's just get this over with, mhm?" Quackity said.

and just like that, they created history, Dream's side charging at Quackity's, Quackity's charging at Dream's but no, that's not it, this fight is far from over.

sorry this is so bad i can't write conflict 👍🏻
yeah but you all don't know what you're about to witness in the next chapter though. RIP that ######