fresh village

CW- strong language, PLATONIC friendship:)

houses half made stood near Schlatt's castle, he had been out working on his village for hours and hours, a couple houses already stood up strongly.

as he walked around his lonely village, hums of birds surrounded the air.

he just hopes more people would find him, so he could be classed as the person who provided homes to the homeless.

he sighed as nobody was in sight, humming filled his throat as he turned around, stepping through the concrete floor.

a charade of heavy breathing filled his ears, turning around almost immediately.

"Schlatt.." a lovely accent whispered, gulping as she shuffled over to the boy next to her.

"Niki, Jack?" he laughed as he crosses his arms. "well hello!"

"Schlatt, what's this?" Jack asks, feeling uneasy around the ram.

"it's my kingdom, Manifold. i'm the new king now." Schlatt laughed out whilst the two in front of him pulled confused faces.

"now, what makes you think that?" Niki scoffed, shaking her head.

Schlatt raises an eyebrow, feeling threatened in some sought of way that he's unable to talk about. "excuse me?" he chuckles. "well maybe because i'm rich, i have built a village in under a week, maybe you should try and do that."

Jack sighed, shaking his head. "no, we just need a place to stay."

Schlatt smirked with a nod, putting his hands on his hips. "well you came to the right person then! but if you're in my village. i'm the king."

Niki looks at Jack annoyed, like she doesn't want to do this, she soon realises that the two need a place to stay otherwise they could die. "alright, fine. but, you need to provide us with food."

Schlatt raises both eyebrows. "and why should i do that?"

"well, if you're a king- you should take care of your citizens, correct?" Niki smirked, she was always the one to outsmart everyone.

Jack gave a toothy grin. "that's right, you have to look after us."

Schlatt grunts- he couldn't decline as he does want to be a king, he wants to take control of everyone. "alright fine, but you have to do what i say."

Niki then raises an eyebrow with a smile. "so, you take care of us, for us to obey you? seems like a good deal."

Schlatt then nods with a smile. "alright, come this way to your houses." he turns around, starting to walk down the pathway.

"Niki! why did you say that it's a good deal?" Jack whisper shouts towards Niki. "you do realise that he has full control of us?"

Niki chuckles slightly before she taps Jack's shoulder, whispering back. "technically he doesn't have any control of us, he hasn't made us sign a contract, so, if we rebel or if we want to leave, there's no proof that we ever made a deal with the man."

Jack smirks with a nod. "good thinking, Niki."

Niki nods as she stands straight with pride, grabbing Jack's wrist and scurrying towards Schlatt so they didn't paint themselves out as suspicious.

Schlatt turned a corner to two lovely houses next to each other- you could tell he spent time on them.

"these are your houses. i expect a pay check every month, though." Schlatt hisses.

Niki interrupts Jack as soon as he's about to speak. "you expect a pay check? alright, what would you do if we won't give you any pay?"

"i'll kick you out." Schlatt grunts.

"okay, okay. what do you want every month?" Niki asks.

"the most valuable thing you have, if that's a diamond, i want a diamond a month, and if you've only got iron, i want two iron blocks a month, alright?" Schlatt talks strictly, making sure he gets his point across.

"alright lad, i'll make sure to get you stuff. and i'm sure Niki will give you stuff as well." Jack nods before tapping his foot on the floor.

"alright good, you can go inside your houses now." Schlatt smiles angrily as he starts to walk away.

"great, now we're living on Schlatt's property." Jack sighs, contemplating his choices.

"don't think so negative, Jack. we know that he's a bad person but that doesn't necessarily mean that we are in danger. we can keep ourselves safe." Niki, hugs Jack for a second before planting a kiss on his cheek to keep him reassured that we will be alright.

"thanks, Niki. you're such a good friend of mine." Jack gives a genuine smile as he pats her shoulder.

"we should go and settle in, we will be staying here for quite a while- probably." Niki smiles back with a wave, walking down the pathway to get to the door of her house, entering.

Jack nods with an inaudible hum, walking down the pathway to his now rented house, opening the door, and walking in.

hey, just a quick reminder that Niki and Jack do not want to be shipped together so if you ship them in the comments on this chapter or any other chapters your comment will be deleted and you could be blocked. the friendship shown in this story is 100% platonic.