what does it say?

CW- strong language.

a few italic words built up sentences that covered the discoloured, dirty pages which laid in a book.

Sapnap was confused at first, he didn't know what the words meant until he thought of them in Karl's perspective; he couldn't make out why the reader would need instructions until he came across one last paragraph.

it read.
warning. do not try and time travel without reading the instructions. it can cause confusion towards the brain and the outcomes can be painful and strange. side effects could include: forgetfulness, time travelling without wanting to, short and long term memory loss.

he reckoned that's what Karl did; but he couldn't comprehend that his husband was a time traveller and Karl didn't bother to tell him?

he didn't think there were any ways of saving his husband as he didn't know what was happening to him until he flipped the page, it was a double page explaining the worst outcome.

he read it carefully; something about a ghost?

there are many different types of monsters in each world that the time traveller goes to. but one in particular. there is many ways to summon it but only one way to destroy it. the steps have to be followed closely or else the procedure will be ruined and you will not be able to destroy the thing.

it's a common monster which follows you through each world that you travel to but the over world. it is only accepted when the traveller is not in the right state of mind and they are in a different mind set. the time traveller is more vulnerable in the place called 'The In-between.'

the traveler's body will weaken as 'The In-between' is halfway to the over world and half way to a different time, meaning the traveller will experience different mind sets as the person will not know which time they're travelling to and when. this can cause different things, such as: insomnia, head aches, stomach aches, cramps, dry mouth, inability to eat/no appetite.

this is where the monster is most common, meaning that it will try and take over your body and use it to get to the over world. the monster has no intentions on hurting the time traveller; it just wants to get taken back to the over world since it had been banished to a different time; but got stuck in 'The in-between' for decades.

once it had taken over the travellers body, it will be attached to the thing that summoned it and created it in the first place, the compass. the only life support that the monster has. the only thing that will be able to keep the thing alive.

once it has taken over the traveller, it will not kill you, it will not do any physical harm towards you; it will only break you down. meaning that every day that it is on the over world, it will suck the life out of you; and if you go near it, it will kill you.

it doesn't like being touched or being near, so you need to run if you see it, or if you see the traveller.

but luckily the monster does not carry the compass with it as that is too dangerous for them, it could put there lives at risk. meaning they keep it somewhere the traveller trusts the most, somewhere they love.

you need to break the compass in order to kill the ghost. but remember, don't let it get to you before you break it. because then the intentions of it changes. it will not hesitate to kill you with its bare hands.

Sapnap stood in pure shock.