it always happens to the people who care the most, right?

CW- strong language, Sapnap angst.

Sapnap had been waiting for Karl to come home for a while. they had built a house not far away from the Clarita village, it was a beautiful house; mushrooms surrounding the structure, tall grass flowing with the trees, the house being made out of dark wood, a warm setting rushed through each body, thrusting lovely feelings through each thought.

the sun beaming through the window, fixing the lovely atmosphere as the fire hummed crackling noises as it burnt through the wood that was placed down inside of the fire place.

the slightly audible breathing from the fire born played like music alongside the woes of the world biting back at him.

the fire was the only thing making him warm. if felt so surreal feeling cold as he practically had immortal-like powers, so it was unusual for somebody like him to feel even a little cold.

as he was made out of heat, even a bit of cold felt like an ice age era, shuddering came from him as he held his legs with his arms, hugging himself to gain more warmth. he didn't know what this meant.

but it all felt so weird, whenever he was with Karl, he would feel freezing, like something was taking over his heated veins which sent strong pumps of fire to his heart.

he felt a gush of wind sweep through the closed windows, alongside a shadow which turned his light clothes dark, like the shadow was eating him hole, only leaving a black mark that used to be you.

his arm hairs were practically dancing on top of his now freezing skin, a feelings rushed and pumped through his body, but it wasn't a normal feeling, it felt like he had never been this scared before.

nobody knew where this beautiful house was located; Sapnap and Karl wanted to live alone together, far, but not far enough away from other people- as if something went wrong, they had a place to turn to, because they couldn't rely on each other- they could only rely on each other for love, but they lost half of the love when somebody special left.

Sapnap gathered that only two hearts can fall in love, but he felt the three hearts that used to be connected, was just a big heart, a big heart that could tell tales about the endearing and undying love the three had for each other.

but Sapnap slowly lost power as Karl soon forgot about the duck, and the duck somewhat walked away, and well, Sapnap lost love, not just for Quackity, for himself as well.

you can't love somebody else without being able to love yourself, especially loving two people. he could handle Karl, the time travellers soft touch felt like a beach, his loving voice sent shivers down the fire borne spine whenever they'd speak, Sapnap was deeply in love with this boy, he wished he could say the same for Quackity, but it'd just be a lie.

but that's not what this chapter is about, it's not about Sapnap's tragedy with his ex husband, no, it's about his husband. it's about how Karl would never come back.

see, the shadow in the window was just in Sapnap's imagination, he longed for Karl to come home, but he knew somebody else had taken over the boy, because well, it always happens to the people who care the most, right?

the stress that Sapnap was going through at the moment send cold shocks down his body, humming icy tunes to his veins as his heart played the beat of ice cold water.

he knew damn well that Karl wasn't Karl anymore, that how somebody had taken over him, and god forbid that that thing ever crosses path with Sapnap, because the man is willing to do anything for his husband.

yes, Sapnap is perceived as a dick, he has said some things that he shouldn't have, but love isn't just as simple as an "i love you." see, an 'i love you' has three letters, and them three letters only have one meaning, but that one meaning could also mean absolutely nothing. so that's why Sapnap always wants to prove his love, because he knows what a heart break is, even if it's not a romantic relationship.

he's seen his ex best friend lose himself, he's seen his ex best friend get taken to a prison without hesitation, he knows what it's like to be alone, and he's not willing to let Karl go through that, he want's Karl to be able to turn to him when he needs it.

because, yeah, you may have done bad shit in the past, or even in the present, but if you love somebody, you'd never give up on them, even though Sapnap gave up on Quackity, he's not going to let anybody else down, because he knows that Quackity still has lingering feelings for him and his husband, so he's going to do what's right.

he's going to save Karl- well, obviously with a little bit of help, and he already knows who he's going to turn to. even if he doesn't like them certain people, if it's to get his husband back from a fake, he's willing to be the big person and take responsibility.

"i'm going to get you back, Karl. and i promise you, when i do, you're never leaving again."

A/N ; sorry this is so bad LMAO- well, i liked the start but then it went shit.

anyway; sorry for the lack of uploads. school has started and i have been tired most of the time, and lack of motivation. but yeah, hope you enjoyed this. :]