are you really back now?

CW- strong language, platonic friendship, Purpled angst, mention of death, explosions and blood. :)

Purpled had been walking around the kingdom all night, he felt his knees about to give way, but that didn't stop him, he just wanted to see his best friend.

he had walked around the kingdom about 9 times in the past hours, he did take a break to sit down, but he did walk painfully slow too.

he heard footsteps coming from a different direction, he looked around but struggled to find any silhouettes as the sky was dark, with faint bat squeaks filling the atmosphere.

he heard the footsteps speeding up, and his instincts forced him to run, i mean, you would too.

he didn't stop, he didn't turn around, all he could hear was his heavy breathing, the footsteps of him and the other, and his heart pounding in his ears.

he gasped for air, usually he was quite good at running as he always focused on cardio when he was trying to exercise, but this time he was just, quite frightened so his heart beat faster then usual.

why was he scared? i'll take you back 11 years.

FLASHBACK, 11 YEARS AGO, WHEN PURPLED WAS ONLY 6 YEARS OLD.

"momma, what's happening?" Purpled asks as he sees smoke gushing out of the control panels of his parents' UFO.

"hey, hey, honey. please, go back over to your bed.." she hiccuped, looking around as the darkness of space curled over them, the only place they could go for safety was to the over world.

Purpled raised an eyebrow but nodded, stepping backwards slightly before a slight bang came from the front of the space ship.

"Lucia! Lucia! we aren't going to make it!" his father shouted as Purpled stood, staring in complete awe.

"we can't let Purpled die, babe!" his mother called, covering her mouth as her tears felt like they'd flood the room.

Purpled screamed as the UFO shook beneath his feet, he grasped onto a wall, shaking and crying for his mother.

"you know what we have to do, then.." his father sighed.

"but.. we will die in the process though? he's only 6! we can't let him live alone!" his mother cried, covering her face.

his father got up from the seat that was placed in front of the control panels, walking over to her and placing his arms around his wife. "we've had a great life together, now it's time for our son to have a life. he will be fine, love.." he placed a kiss on her head.

Purpled looked around, he bottom lip quivering as his eyesight was taken over by tears.

his mother nodded before walking to Purpled, they had a privilege out in space, they could breathe when there was no air to breathe in, aliens lungs are way more complexed and better then a humans, they can store air inside of them when there's no supply of oxygen. but the oxygen in the lungs could only last about one hour of breathing time, which means he would die if he used up all of the air in his lungs.

his mother knelt down. "honey? please could you come with me for a second?" she sobbed.

Purpled nodded without hesitation, wrapping his arms around his mother.

the woman walked to the control panels, slipping a key looking object into a hole, his father doing the same.

they looked at each other before twisting the keys, the UFO immediately flashing with red and black colours, an emergency warning ringing through their ears as the UFO fell towards earth.