Gina

Gina's POV - (4 years old)

I grew up in Alabama with my mom and my big brother. My life was pretty amazing, ya know these Disney princesses who basically have everything where their kids, like Rapunzel, Ariel, or Anna, that was me.

But then like Rapunzel, the stepmother comes and takes me away from everything I love.

I ran up to my room crying because of what my mom told me, she decided to join F.E.M.A. to help other people, but how did that help me? She told me that it meant we had to move away. The problem was I didn't wanna move, I had the perfect life in Alabama, the perfect school, the perfect friends, I basically had everything here.

I lay down in my bed, my vision blurred cause of the tears. I hear a knock on the door. "Come in" the words softly trembled from my lips. My older teenage brother Jamie walks into my room. His lips formed a sad smile, wearing his favorite black jacket with multicolored spots and signs. I loved my older brother, he would play and crack jokes with me all day. He would always be the one who would make me feel better, he even taught me some things about dancing.

"You okay, Gigi?" He asks me. I shook my head, I was trying to stop the tears and put on a brave face just for him, but it didn't work, they still ran down my cheek as I sat up on my bed. Jamie walks to my bed and jumps on it, making the bed jiggle and a quick laugh escaped my throat.

"There's that adorable laugh I love. What's wrong, sis?" he asks as he placed my head on his lap.

"I don't wanna move. I love everything here, my friends, my school, my teachers, I love everything about Alabama." My tears begin to stain Jamie's sweatpants. "Gigi, I know this must be hard for you" he starts as he holds up my chin, making me look at him and he wipes the tears from my eyes. "It's hard for me and mom too. But when you think about it, we have to move so mom can help and save lives. And we're moving to California, you can make friends at the beach."

He still notices that I have big and puffy eyes and more tears are coming down like a waterfall. "Oh, come here, Gigi" he pulls me up and gives me a hug, pulling me in, I sit down on his lap and lean my head on his chest crying. He kisses my forehead and in a soft voice says. "It'll be fine, G", and "I love you."

I feel so lucky just to have an older brother like him by my side. He was really the best guy I could ever ask for.

____________________________________________________________

Gina - (9 years old)

It's been a couple years in California and after a while, I made peace with it, the school was great, the kids were nice and I loved the beach more than anything. The only problem is that Jamie wasn't around as much as he used to be after he left for college, I wonder what happened to him.

My mom walks into my room a few minutes after I came home from school.  "Hey sweetie, how's your foot?"  A while ago, I broke my big toe kicking Jamie in the knee.  "It's getting better" I smiled, I still had the cast on my foot and plenty of kids at school offered to sign it.  "Hey mom, when's Jamie coming home?" The moment I asked that I quickly regretted it because a sad look formed on her face.

"You know what? Never mind" I say, tears threatening to form in my eyes. "Baby?" She was about to start talking again, but I didn't want to do I changed the topic.

"Are we're moving again?" I ask, it brought a shocked look on her face. "I saw the boxes downstairs."

My mom's head dropped as she only said two words.