17

Ricky's POV - (14 years old)

I was in the corner of an alleyway, balling my eyes out.  My parents were fighting again, my mom brought Todd to the house.  When I got mad and yelled at Todd, mom slapped me and my parents started to argue.  I couldn't take it so I just ran.  I out the house and skateboarded away with tears rolling down my face.

I try to get myself to stop, but I can't.  The voices.  They're getting louder, I can't stop them, no matter how much I'm trying.

Your mom hates who you are, your dad's only pretending to be a good father.  They both hate you.  You should just do it.  They'll be happier without you as their son.

"N-No" I mumble.  "Dad loves me,  everyone loves me."

No, they don't, you're the reason your friends aren't here, you bring everyone around you down, your mom hits you because you deserve it, just end your life.  If you want them to be happy, you'll kill yourself.  Now do it!

"Fine!" I say.  I reach into my pocket and take out the razor I was able to grab before I left. I look down at my arm.  I slowly slit my wrist and watch the blood spill out.  As I'm done, I pull down my sleeve and just cry more, pulling my knees up to my chest.

Everyone will be happy without you, something good will finally come out of you.

I bury my head into my knees and continue to let the salty tears fall, but then I hear a familiar voice that pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Ricky?"

I look up to see EJ staring at me.  "EJ, what are you doing here?"

"This where I go to just let it out, I've been coming here after my parents died."

I remember the day I saw him crying in a bathroom stall.  When I asked him what was wrong, he said his parents died in a bombing, I've never seen EJ like that before, so I gave him a hug and let him cry into my shoulder, like how he does with me.  He always comforts me, it was my turn to comfort him.

"I'm so sorry Eej."

"It's okay, but what's wrong with you?"

I stay silent and just look down.  He bends down and gently holds up my chin making me look at his bright teal eyes.  "Hey, what's wrong?"

"My mom has a new boyfriend, and she brought him to the house, I was so mad I yelled.  My mom...yelled right back, and my parents started arguing, I couldn't handle it, so I just left!"  I start to cry all over again.

Soon enough, the voices come back.

Now, look what you're doing to him, he's just pretending to be nice, you mean nothing to him, he hates you, everyone does.

"SHUT UP!  GO AWAY!!  LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"  I yell in tears, and EJ just looks at me.  "Oh, Curls, it's okay" EJ sighs.  I just need someone right now, I hold my arms out and EJ pulls me in, I  dig my face into his shoulder.

"T-They came back" I cry.

"The voices?"

I nod my head in his shoulder, he and Nini, know about these voices, and only them, they started a while after my mom started hurting me, and they can never just go away, they were the things that would make me cut myself.  "You're gonna be okay," EJ says.  I pull away and lean on the wall and just begin to cry some more, EJ leans on the wall next to me and just stares. 

I notice EJ looking at my wrist, and I look to see my blood staining my hoodie.  He takes my wrist and pulls up my sleeve, and instead of just pulling my arm away, I don't stop him.  He pulls up my sleeves and he sees the cuts and blood on my wrist, his face turned a gray pale and his jaw dropped as he looks up at me.