Ending

This is a long chapter, and a lot is about to happen, so sit tight, grab your popcorn and get ready, there are more than 7000 words.

Nini's POV

I was up in my treehouse, thinking about Bumblebee. This is it. This was the place where he finally told me how he was getting hurt in his own house, by his own mom. Where he thought that he was a terrible friend, I miss him so much.

I've been trying to call him for weeks, but I've always just gotten his voicemail, I was just too sad to ever leave a message. But I think I'm ready to.

I take out my phone and give him a call, but as always I just get his voicemail.

"Hi, it's Ricky, leave a message."

"Hi, bumblebee" I start. "You're missing a lot. Miss Jenn keeps asking about you and I don't know what to tell her, I don't know what to tell anyone. Can you please respond? Am I ever gonna hear your voice again?"

As I hang up, my feelings overwhelm me and I start to cry. When he was 4 on his birthday and he saw his parents fighting for the first time, his eyes looked glossy and he was so sad. I was hoping that was just a one-time thing for him but look at where that got him now, he had to watch his mom get arrested.

I miss him so much and it made me cry even harder. I look to my side and see the carving we made when we were 13, our names on different sides of a heart. This is all too much.

 This is all too much

I hear the door open and see Ashlyn, Gina, and Kourtney walk in

I hear the door open and see Ashlyn, Gina, and Kourtney walk in. "Hey" Kourtney smiles.

"You tried calling him again?"

I nod my head at her question. "Just another voicemail. This time I actually left a message. I just wanna hear his voice again" I cry. Gina walks up to me and grabs my hand. "I know it hurts, but we have to stay strong, it's what he would want.

I nod my head and wipe away my tears. Maybe I should do something for him, something that would make him happy for me, wait! That's it, not to make this all about me, but I have an idea.

"I think I know what to do," I say getting up, confusing them. "I wanna do something for him. something Ricky always wanted me to do was to face my fears and start singing. I wanna do that for him."