28

Howie's POV

Ricky, EJ, and I were sparring in the training room, but something was off about them today, both of their minds are definitely somewhere else. I throw an energy ball at EJ and he was almost hit.

"Okay, let's stop," I say, finally getting both their attentions. "What, why?" Ricky asks.

"So I can ask you guys what's up, you both seem a little off, more than usual" I chuckle. "So what's up, if it's too personal...I won't tell anyone."

They both chuckle and sit across from me. Their both silent, guess they don't know this is the part where they tell me what's wrong and I give them good advice. "Okay, Ricky, you tell me first, since I'm gonna have to make y'all take."

Ricky looks at EJ who gives him a supportive smile. He then takes a deep breath and starts talking. "My mom are I...we aren't in the best of shape, she has a boyfriend who I hate. My dad has been away on a business trip for a while but when he gets back, they're gonna sign papers for a divorce."

Oh, that's kinda sad. I remember when Lily's parents got divorced, she was so devastated and she wouldn't give her new stepmother a chance. I was able to convince her to at least get to know her before she ultimately decides to hate her, and now they're literally a mother-daughter duo. "Well Ricky, I'm sorry about you're parents, I don't really know what you're going through, but what I do know is that you're a very strong guy, and not just cause of your powers. Just lean on your friends for help and you're making it through."

I was actually able to get a smile out of him, score. Well, I think I foxed him, now time for the other problem.

"EJ?"

"Well, my dad and I were very close. We both kinda planned out my whole life when I was...I don't know 5, my perspective of what I want is just what he wants for me. My life has never gone exactly as I planned and...I've really never been in control of it. I've been trying to be this perfect guy like my dad, but I'm not so sure I can anymore."

"Then don't. EJ, it's ok not to know what comes next, just ride down the path life takes you on. And don't try to be perfect, nobody is, not even your dad" I tell him. Wow, I'm really good at this whole advice thing. Go me!

"Oh and by the way...Dennis told me he caught you and Gina sleeping on the couch last night" Ricky smirks at EJ, who laughs and turns away. "Does he like her?" I ask Ricky and he nods.

"It was nothing, I mean, we just watched a movie and got tired. I do like her and she's the best, but we're buddies, we're cool" he says.

"What about you? You seem to be getting pretty close with Kourtney" Ricky tells me, making me grin. I never really thought about it, Kourtney's a really cool girl, I guess out of everyone, I hang with Kourtney the most.

"I haven't really given that much thought. She's really cool and sweet-"

"And you like her" EJ smirks. Huh, maybe I do like Kourtney. She's really funny and smart-mouthed, but I like it. Maybe I'll catch up with her later.

____________________________________________________________

Lily's POV

The girls and I were hanging out, we just finished sparring and now we're just relaxing, but I could tell something was on their minds, mostly cause I could read their emotions.

"You guys okay?" I ask, getting their attention.

"Well," Nini starts, thinking of what to say. "Ricky told me...a big secret, something that really changed his life and he was very upset about."