44

EJ's POV

We're on a rooftop of the city, trying to figure out how to play this right, worst-case scenario: Nightmare's plan works, the whole world gets trapped in fears hands, they win and my friends might die, I can't let this happen.

"First we have to find a way to get everyone outta here, we have to protect them," I say.

"How do we do that?" Mal asks. Ricky walks to the edge and moves his fingers around, I see the gold energy spread from his hands all the way across the whole city, using his powers of mind control on the people and leading them safely from the place.

 Ricky walks to the edge and moves his fingers around, I see the gold energy spread from his hands all the way across the whole city, using his powers of mind control on the people and leading them safely from the place

"Nice job," Nini says,

"Anyone wanna give a speech?" He asks, still mind controlling the people. They all look back at me, except Ricky, great. Come on Elijah, you've watched enough Captain America movies to make a good speech.

"Okay. When they come, Ricky gets first crack at them because they need him for some reason, while we all try to shut down the other devices. Now, Nightmare and the Cosmic Witch know we're coming, so they probably have a heavy fire, but that's what being a hero comes with. But Salt Lake, our friends, they didn't, so thank you Curls, for getting them out. They want peaceful lives, we need to protect them...will all we have. We find out what Nighmare's machine does, keep the fight between us and fight together. I know most of us...have been through a lot these path months" this last bit isn't about the battle, it's about Ricky.

"To some, this isn't just about beating them, it's about whether what some people said is right, but their wrong...about everything they said. We all need to step up...and show them what we got. Sound good?"

They all nod, I guess I got this speech thing down. "Now, Ricky can't get the whole city out, so let's give him a hand."

Gina creates various portals for the others to jump through, but I stay with Ricky just in case.

"You think they're wrong about me?" He asks, staying focused on his mind-controlling.

"Huh?"

"What Todd and my mom said about me. You think they're wrong?"

"Of course I do," I tell him. I look down at the city, most of the people got out. I text Ashlyn and tell her to make sure our friends aren't anywhere near us and she says okay.

"Okay team, that abandoned building Ricky talked about...they're there. Be safe" Uncle Dennis says through our earpieces.

I look at Ricky and he gives me a nod. I pick him up and super-speed into the abandoned building. Gina and Nini jump through an open portal, Aurora and Saida ride in on thorns, and the other fly-in. We all just stand there, looking at the device.

"Come to watch your defeat?" Nightmare's voice echoes throughout. Suddenly, he and Ricky's mom fly-in, getting close to the device.

"You must be dreaming if you think you can stop us," Jean says.