3

Nini's POV

We were about to head to class, but I was waiting for Jack, he said he had the same classes as me so I thought it would be nice to wait for him, I was hoping he didn't get lost, this place isn't as small as it looked in the movie.  Who am I kidding, it didn't look small at all!

I finally see him running up to me.  "Where were you?"  I asked, I told him I would wait for him, but he seemed out of breath.  "Sorry, I actually got lost, but I met that kid, Ricky, he seemed really cool."

I raise my eyebrows at him, Ricky actually talked to someone?  Ricky's not the kinda guy to warm up to someone so quickly, I don't think he even warmed to Gina just yet, but it's great he's finding new friends, even if they are Gina's.  "Good for him, come on."

We enter the classroom to find our S.T.E.M. teacher, Mr. Mazzara waiting at the door.  "Welcome back Ms.  Salazar-Roberts, new student?"  He looked at Jack, which gave both of us chills.  Mr.  Mazzara wasn't...a big fan of us, but we still like him, I think.

"Hey, I'm Jack" he smiled as Mr.  Mazzara took his schedule, and told him he could sit next to me and I take his hand, leading him to my seat. 

A few minutes after class starts, we hear the door open, and I look to see my curly-haired friend walking through.

"Mr.  Bowen, your late"  Mr.  Mazzara told him, I knew Ricky really didn't care, but what else is new. 

"Yeah, I'm aware."

"Still have the attitude towards the adults, I see," Mr.  Mazarra says, but Ricky just rolled his eyes and takes his seat in the back of the classroom.  If I knew him, he'll probably zone out and enter his own world, or he'll fall asleep without realizing.  I should check up on him when class is over.

____________________________________________________________

Ricky's POV

I've been zoned out through the entire class period, I really couldn't care less about school.  I was so zoned out I didn't even know that class ended, or that there was someone moving closer to me.

"Bumblebee?  You there?"

A hand moves in front of my face, I shake my head out of my thoughts and look in front of me to see Nini with that cute smile on her face that makes my stomach do flips.

I slight chuckle at her nickname for me, she's been calling me that since we were kids, when I asked her why she calls me that, she says because I was as sweet as honey and that my eyes looked like honey in the sunlight.  Even if I wasn't as sweet anymore, it still warms my heart that she calls me that.

"Uh, what's up?"  I asked as I get ready to leave, but my eyes stay on my childhood friend.

"I wanted to see if you were okay, you were zoned out, I was surprised you didn't fall asleep" she giggle, I wanted to chuckle too, but I just wasn't in the mood, or did I just lose my ability to be happy.

"Hey, you okay?"  She asked, her voice became higher, and I knew she was really concerned about me.  "Yeah, I'm good" I smile at her.  A sad look forms on her face and I became scared.  Her hand comes up closer to my face and that's when I realize my bruise.  "I'm fine, really!  I just fell off my skateboard"  I say, grabbing her hand.  They're soft and warm as always.

"Well, you know I'm here for you, we all are" she kneels down to my level, since I was still sitting and she was standing.  "I know"  I smile, maybe if I just smile through my pain, she'll be reassured.  "Well, you should come to meet us later, some of Gina's old friends came to town and we want you to meet them, you already met Jack" she smiles and I nod my head.