38

Nini's POV

Today's the day. After school, EJ was gonna go pick up Gina from the airport and we're gonna be roomies. It'll be like having a sister! I have so much to thank Gina for, she's the one who's encouraging me to sing, and I think I'm gonna listen to her. I think I'm gonna try singing again.

When I get to school, I quickly make my way to EJ, who's at his locker. "Ready for today?" I ask him. He turns to me with the biggest and widest smile on his face. "Yeah, after school, I'm going straight to the airport."

"I haven't seen you this excited since you told me on the phone you passed an Algebra test" I smile. I'm really glad that EJ gets to see Gina again. The day after Gina left, he looked so sad, like a lost puppy, I hated seeing him like that.

"Thanks again for doing this for her, I know it might be a big change in your life."

"Hey, I'll do anything for you and Gina. You're like my brother and she's like my sister, and soon enough, she'll actually be my sister" I say, and we both laugh. His phone starts to vibrate and he looks at it. "It's her. She said she just got on the plane!"

"Who got on the plane?" Ricky walks up to us.

"Gina, she's on her way."

"She should be here in a couple hours."

"Cool!" He says.

"Hey, how you doing?" I ask. EJ told me about what happened yesterday, with his call, and his outburst, the crying. Thankfully Ricky wasn't upset. Besides, I told him he could come to me about anything, and he did. "I'm good. My dad said he'll be back in a few days. He'll sign the divorce, we'll move to an apartment, I'll be far away from my mom, maybe I can finally smile again. It'll be just me and my dad."

"Well, we're both happy for you. And it would be nice to not see you growling and grumbling all the time like a savage animal" EJ says, making me giggle. "If no one was around, I'd make you hit the wall 5 times" Ricky tilts his head. EJ just rolls his eyes.

"Wait, what will happen with your mom and her boyfriend?" I ask.

"I don't know and I don't care" Ricky shrugs.

Before our conversation could continue, the others walk up to him. "Um Ricky, Miss Jenn wants you to go to her office," Andi says. Ricky shrugs his shoulders and walks off. I really hope this will all be okay for him, he seems like he was finally getting back to normal.

____________________________________________________________

Ricky's POV

I walk to Miss Jenn's office and knock on her door, making her look up at me. "Hey, my friends said you wanted to see me?" I ask, but she doesn't look happy, she looks very upset.

"Sweetie, sit down," she says. I'm actually getting nervous, I was actually having a good day, what's wrong now? "Is everything okay?" I ask, Miss Jenn looks like she's about to cry. "Sweetie, I got a call from the police."

I feel my heart race and my hands shake. "W-What happened?"

"Someone filled a false claim that...your father was abusing you. The police said that you can't see him again. Ricky, your fathers in jail."

My whole heart stops, I stand up and pace around the room. My dad's in jail? No! He's not the parent who's been hurting me! It's my mom! He can't be in jail! Please no!!

"No. No, no, no, no, no" I stutter, tears spilling from my eyes. I feel my face heating up and I punch the wall. Miss Jenn quickly gets up from her seat and gives me a hug, I wrap my arms around her and cry into her shoulder. "H-He didn't, d-doesn't! He w-wouldn't" I cry. Miss Jenn runs her hands through my curls and kisses my face.