22

EJ's POV

I'm laying on my nack with my eyes wide open. I couldn't sleep, one of the reasons was because Ricky was on the bed snoring, a bit loud. But I just can't sleep altogether, a lot of stuff is happening in my life and even though it's been a week, I'm just still trying to process it all.

My parents were superheroes.

Me having superpowers cause of that explosion.

My friends have superpowers cause of that explosion.

Me and Gina.

Wait, what about Gina? There's nothing going on between me and Gina! I mean, I've been texting and face timing her a lot, sometimes I just let her in on how I'm feeling cause of the new secrets I'm learning, and sometimes we just talk about stupid stuff that comes to mind. She is really easy to talk to, I do feel more comfortable when I'm around her, and sure, she may make me feel a different happy than everyone else, but it's cause we're close. We're just friends haha...why? Did she say something?

I sit up and look at the time on my phone. It's 6:30. I turn my head and look at Ricky, laid out on my bed, I put a napkin next to his face cause he drools, it's both funny and cute. Most of his scars have just turned into bruises and marks, but his black eye hasn't fazed.

I look down at my hand, it was flickering from invisible to visible, alright at first this was pretty cool, but now it's getting a bit annoying.

Mu door creeks open and I see a figure at the entrance. Whoever it is, they gave me a jump scare and I lunged my hand out, a red bubble of psionic energy forming in my hand, like Violet Parr.

"Come down, Eej, it's me." Uncle Dennis walks in. I put my hand down and the psionic energy bubble vanishes. "Uncle Dennis, what are you doing?" I ask him, sitting up.

"I told you that we would have to practice early, this is what I meant."

He walks over to my bed and shakes Ricky. "Mom...please just go away" he groans.

"It's not your mom, son, it's me. Wake up, Ricky."

Ricky's eyes flutter open and he sits up. "Why is there a napkin on my face?" He asks. Uncle Dennis looks at me and I just stay silent, until finally saying "you drool in your sleep and that's my pillow."

"Okay boys, please get ready for practice," Uncle Dennis said, but Ricky pulls the blanket over his head. "No way, it's too early."

"Boys, this is what I said would have to happen if you guys wanted to be heroes. If you don't, we can just call this whole thing off."

I don't know about Curls, but I do wanna be a superhero. I may not get to be like dad in one way, but maybe I can be like him in another way. After all, that is what we both wanted.

After a few minutes, Ricky finally pulls the blanket off himself and sits up. Uncle Dennis smiles and pats both of our shoulders. "Okay, you two get ready and wear something you can move around in. EJ, when you're done, I'm gonna need you to go pick up the girls, okay?"

I nod my head at his question and he walks out.

--10 minutes later-- 

We both quietly walk down the stairs making sure not to wake up Aunt Debby, Ashlyn, or Asher. I'm wearing my green tank top, jeans, and my hightops, while Ricky's wearing a striped hoodie, black jeans, and his Vans.

EJ's outfit